Stellar Second Graders
Mrs. Mayo & Ms. Zimmerman
Friday, October 16, 2020
Parent Teacher Conferences
Sign-Up Genius For Science
Mrs. Mayo - Wednesdays @ 1:15 pm
Mrs. Zimmerman - Fridays @ 1:15 pm
As of right now, the students in our classrooms are currently face to face. They are allowed to socialize with friends and connect with teachers in person.
Therefore, we are asking for students to remain off of Webex at this time. If and when we go virtual, your child is logged in and connected with the classroom. If your child would like to connect with friends or peers at home, please use other platforms and be sure to monitor their use.
iPad Clean Up
All students have had their ipad check during the month of September. Here is some helpful information to keep your child's ipad clean and working properly.
1) Open up Safari and Chrome. Close out any open tabs. Some friends have several open tabs. This just makes the ipads lose battery faster.
2) Go to the Settings. If a software update is needed, please complete that. Please always make sure that when a red circle shows up that updates are installed at home.
3) If a child needs to put in a passcode for their managed apple ID, please let your homeroom teacher know. We can help them.
4) All students have their 6-digit student lunch code as their home and lock screen code. This must remain the same throughout their student career at Rose Glen.
5) All students must have their "selfie" on their home screen and lock screen. Feel free to take an updated picture for second grade. (Remember, a student's face should take up the majority of the photo.)
6) Double-click and swipe up to close out any open apps.
7) Open Gmail and delete or archive any old emails.
8) Photos & Videos - Please remove any non-school related photos or videos. Feel free to transfer them to another ipad.
9) Webex - Open the Webex app and review your child's account. Delete or leave any old spaces.
10) Please ensure a 100% charge and send back every day. Thank you so much for your help!
- Have your child dress in layers. The classroom can be warm or chilly.
- Please send your child with coats, hats, gloves, boots, etc. The mornings can be chilly and then the afternoon warms up, or the reverse can happen!
- When it is rainy, please send rain boots or umbrellas. If it is just a light rain, we might try to do a quick walk around the playground for a mask break.