Week of August 8, 2022
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year, Westside Families! Our building is buzzing with excitement as we prepare for the first day of school on Wednesday, August 10th, for all students in grades 1st-6th. We can't wait to see our Explorers!
*NEW for 2022-2023*
BPS and Westside have made some big changes to transportation for arrival and dismissal.
- ALL Bus students will have required "bus tags" they will scan getting on and off the bus each day. These tags are linked to the new REAXIUM system that helps track your child's bus and the child's location. Click HERE for an informational video from BPS. Tags will be issued to students on the first day of school, so be on the lookout for them that afternoon.
- ALL students at Westside were issued a lime green Car Tag regardless of their dismissal in case you need to pick them up, rainy day dismissal, and general use. Please place this on your dashboard when picking up your child.
- PreK, Kindergarten, 2nd grade, and their siblings will be picked up in the FRONT Car Loop this year behind the buses. All other car riders will be picked up in the SIDE Car Loop located at the entrance just south of the campus.
**PLEASE Expect 30-60 Minute Delays for Dismissal for the First Days of School!***
Our main goal is keeping YOUR child safe and returned to you at the end of the day. Because we are still getting to know the children, we will be taking extra care to ensure they are in the correct dismissal location at the end of the day AND verifying car loop pick up. Please be patient with our team and do not arrive too early. We begin our dismissal process at 2:30p.
Our office will be open Monday-Friday from 7:30AM-3:00PM. Please come on in if we can support you in any way.
~Mrs. Stephanie Woodbury, Principal
(321) 956-5050 or Woodbury.Stephanie@BrevardSchools.org
August 8th- Meet the Teacher 4-6PM
Bring the family to meet your teachers for the upcoming school year, drop off supplies, sign up for clubs, join our PTO, and begin making a partnership with our school!
You can also purchase required planners for students in grades 3rd-6th for $5 and
Westside Spirit Shirts from our PTO (Cash preferred)
$10 cotton shirts
$12 performance shirts
We wear our Spirit Swag every Friday to show our Westside Pride!
Kona Ice will also be there to sell sweet treats from 4p-6p.
We hope to see every family there!
First Day of School
The first day of school for Grades 1-6 is August 10th!
Kindergarten officially starts on August 15th, however, we will be doing a "soft start" with small groups on August 10-12. Your child's teacher will be reaching out to schedule your date.
VPK will begin on August 17th and your child's teacher will contact you soon with more information.
We are excited to see our returning Explorers and meet the new additions to our Westside Family! Reminder: due to district protocols, families are not permitted inside campus during arrival or dismissal. Trustworthy staff members will meet your child at the door and ensure they arrive to their classroom and returned to you at the end of each day.
BAS Registration is NOW Open!
Want To Become a Westside Volunteer?
Our BPS safety protocols require any adult on campus during school hours must be a registered volunteer. This includes helping in our classrooms, working with students, participating in our PTO and assisting with special events. We are looking to expand our volunteer program next year and will need as many wonderful and willing adults as possible to support the students and school.
Become A Partner in Education
Westside is looking to grow our community outreach for next year and hope you will be part of this wonderful expansion. Our vision is to enhance student achievement and real-world knowledge through our business partnerships. This could include reading with students, participating in a career presentation, conducting a hands-on learning lesson, starring in a video interview about your business and steps you took to achieve it, and much more.
We hope you will join us in taking Westside to the next level in 2022-2023!
- August 8th- Meet the Teacher Event 4p-6p
- August 10th- First Day of School (1st grade-6th grade)
- August 15th- First official Day of Kindergarten
- August 17th- First Day of VPK
- September 1st- OPEN HOUSE 5p-7p