Hannah Goergen, Tyler Zimmer, Trisha Royal and Derek Sutter
Personal account of specific event/memory from eyes of the author.
Purpose of a Narrative
The Purpose of the Narrative/Memoir is a personal experience that gives you opportunity to learn more about someone through their personal experiences. It allows you to see the world in a different way.
- Third person POV
- The author is the main character
- The writers thoughts and feelings are revealed
- The author uses strong imagery
- The author makes you feel the relationships between characters
- The author puts you into the story by slowing things down
- There isn't any unnecessary info.
- The lead pulls you in but also invites you into the world of the story
- The author expresses their opinions
- The author doesn't act as a reporter (makes the memoir feel more like a piece of literature)
- The reader is taught a life lesson by reading the story