Maire Newsletter January 21st edition
Dear Maire Families,
Friday marked the halfway point in the school year! Can you believe your child(ren) has already accomplished half of the year? Our staff will be busy working on report cards, which will be available for parents via the Parent Portal on February 1st. Report cards are an opportunity to reflect on your child’s growth. Not only their academic progress, but how they are coming along with the responsibilities and social/emotional development as well. We hope you see this as an opportunity to celebrate all the goals and accomplishments they have met so far and for areas that are concerns, these are chances for growth. Even though we are halfway done, we still have a whole other half of the year to continue to work hard and improve.
We hope you already celebrate just getting to the halfway point of the year! Thanks for your partnership this year with our staff. Maire is lucky to have supportive parents, a dedicated staff, and wonderful students. We look forward to the great things they will accomplish in the second half of the year.
proud Principal of Maire
Important Maire dates to remember
1/29 Pfizer vaccine/booster clinic @ Maire 9am-12 noon
2/1 Elementary report cards available in Parent Portal
2/3 PTO Winter Social and Skate Night @Patterson Park 6-8pm
2/9 Community Diversity Meeting @ Richard 6pm
2/9 Maire PTO Meeting 7pm
Thank you Maire family, from Gleaners !
Chess Wizards - 2 new sessions
Covid vaccination record upload
WANT TO HELP MAKE A SAFE DROP OFF/PICK UP- PLEASE READ
COLD WEATHER IS HERE. TRAFFIC HAS RAMPED UP. WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THINGS GOOD NICE AND SMOOTH! PLEASE READ THESE RULES TO ENSURE A SAFE AND HAPPY DROP OFF/PICK UP
We want to take just a few minutes to remind everyone of the parking lot rules and procedures so that we can have a safe and orderly morning. For those that are visual learners, this video highlights almost all of the information below.
1. Right turn ONLY into and out of the parking lot during pick up/drop off. Accidents happen even with the best of intentions. Please do not zoom straight across either. Right turn only.
2. Cross at the crosswalk when picking up or dropping off your children. The crosswalk is located near the office with yellow lines on the ground.
3. Kids exit on the passenger side only and parents never exit the car. Students need to be able to get themselves out completely independently. If this is not possible, we encourage you to park instead of using the lane.
4. No drop offs outside of the green line. Keep moving as far down the green line as you can before stopping.
5. Continue to pull forward as much as possible, even around the curve, so more cars can use the lane. Our students are resilient and will be okay to walk the extra distance.
6. Be kind...everyone has an off day when their kid forgets how to use the seatbelt or drops their lunch or something out of the ordinary. No worries. Thanks for your patience in line when these things happen.
7. We always have late arrivals so we ask that parents not stand out in front of the drop off lane to wave bye to their kids. Many students are still arriving and trying to safely get out of their cars. It will get congested quickly and we want a safe drop off for everyone.
8. Our small lot off the alley is for ASD families and buses only and students/families should not be walking around in that lot. We ask that you use the safe routes walkways and sidewalks close to the building and not walk through the lot as cars and buses back up with limited space and limited sight.
9. Lastly, please do not park in the spaces in the alley marked "private property" as they are not owned by Maire and the landlord of those businesses has and will continue to call the tow company. They get upset at the school and unfortunately that ends up with our office staff having to field those calls.
I know that was a lot of information to process. Many of the errors in our lot are because the parent or person dropping off just didn't know. Please do your best to make sure whoever is taking your child(ren) to school is aware of these rules so things go smoothly and safely each day. Thanks for your partnership.
Don't forget to order your Maire yearbook!
We are working hard to make the Maire yearbook bigger and better! This year we have a custom front and back cover, designed by Maire 4th graders!