Third Grade Rocks
Don't miss one note
Here's What We're Up To...
- Building stamina
- Celebrating Caldecott Award winners and honorees
- Non-Fiction texts and their characteristics
- Non-Fiction writing
- Incorporating writing into other subject areas
- Math Facts; addition & subtraction
- Fact families with unfamiliar numbers
- Multiplication; we say 'Groups of' or 'Sets of'
- Earth Science: Volcanoes, icebergs, erosion, and tornadoes.
- Economy: new words like manufacture, scarcity, opportunity costs, human resources.
Upcoming Dates & Events
February 3 - Late Start
February 3 - Math Night!
February 5 - Movie Night
March 10 - Field Trip (Ann Arbor Hands On Museum)
A Couple Quick Reminders
Tardy bell rings at 8:20am
Please remind your third grader to bring all their snow gear to school. Snow pants, coats, gloves, boots, hats, and scarves are all very useful in making for a fun warm recess time. Also, students need to have dry shoes to wear after recess. Please make sure a pair is packed each day.