April 19, 2015
This is the time of the year when we have to embrace this belief!
- Christine Johnson has decided to start her own business aiding others in personal organization. If you've ever visited her room, you quickly realize organization is an innate talent Christine possesses. Congratulations on this new endeavor, Christine!
- Donna Swanzy is launching into her next adventure. The world is her oyster as she begins this new chapter in life. The joy is in the journey...congratulations!
- Barbara Brockwell will be taking her passion and gifts for working with struggling learners back to Heritage Elementary. Heritage Heroes will accomplish great things with your support!
Heart at Work!
- Juan Lopez, you've got heart! - Juan is an extremely kind and honest person. Recently, I dropped $20 and Juan found it after school. He returned it to me the next day before I even knew it was missing. He is always considerate of everyone and I am thankful to have him as part of our staff.
- Isela Moya, you've got heart! - Isela works hard to make sure students have a clean cafeteria to eat in. She only has a few minutes between grade levels, but every day she makes sure that all the tables are spotless and ready for us. She greets everyone with a smile and is a kind and warm presence on our campus.
- Karen Grantham, you've got heart! - Karen worked very hard to make Read Across America a success at Bette Perot. I am impressed by her passion, the literary awareness, and her commitment to develop that in her kids.
May 1st Pride Rally Schedule
Given that the end of our grading period (May 1st) isn't a half day, an alternative schedule has been created to allow for Pride Rallies and co-cur to take place on the same day.
8:30-9:15- Pride Rally #1 (9-9:15 transition in and out)
9:15-10:00- Pride Rally #2 (9:45-10:00- transition out)
10:00-10:30 (co-cur planning time)
10:30-11:05- 2nd grade
11:40-12:55- normal lunch duty/co-cur lunch
12:55-1:30- 1st grade
1:35-2:10- 3rd grade
2:15-2:50- 4th grade
Thank you co-cur team for devising a plan!
Bad Weather Make-up ....ELA Professional Development
The following days will be devoted to providing the ELA professional development modules as part of the 'bad weather make-up' requirement. If you have an unavoidable conflict, let me know so we can look at your options
- April 30th - Module 3
- May 7th - Module 4
- May 21st - Module 5
- May 28th - Module 6
Meet the Candidates
Please share this information with your parents. Let's get the word out so our parents can meet the candidates and make informed decisions.
Keller Council of PTA’s will host a KISD School Board Candidate Forum April 22, 2015 at 6:30 pm in the Rock Gym.
The Public is invited to attend the event. This event will be moderated by the League of Women Voter’s.
- Place 6 candidates are David Gerda and Brad Schofield (incumbent).
- Place 7 candidate is Ruthie Keyes (incumbent).
Early Voting begins April 27th. KISD Board of Trustees elections will be held on Saturday May 9, 2015. For more information, see the KellerISD.net Board Election page.
Mark Your Calendar...
Campus Closed to Visitors...April 21-24
If we test on the 24th, the fire drill will be rescheduled.