August 2018 Counseling Newsletter
How to check your child's grades and attendance on line!!!
Checking Grades Using Student Access
Preface: The following documentation walks through the process on how students at EMS ISD can utilize to log into Student Access portal to view their grades and/or report card (assuming their school posts report cards to Student Access and allows student viewing).
1. Access the Student Access login screen. A link can be found by scrolling down from the district website when accessing www.emsisd.com. Choose the Family Access button listed along the right edge of district’s web page.
2. Enter your Student child's student ID number (lunch number) and Password ( 8 digit date of birth example: 04202004) and click Sign In or press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Upon logging in, review any important information from your Student Access Wall, and then proceed to click on the Gradebook tab on the left edge of your screen.
4. From the Gradebook tab, students will see a snapshot of their Current Schedule,
Middle School students Study time should be something students do every night of the week.
• Read 15 minutes
• Organize binder (Binders go home everyday!)
• Study notes
• Check grades
• Finish any incomplete assignment
• Repack backpack and set in same place for tomorrow
Ask for Help From your Counselors & Teachers!
Homework Club Wednesday 3:30-5pm
HMS National Junior Honor Society
Attention current 6th and 7th Graders:National Junior Honor Society-Community Service Hours
Established in 1929, the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is one of the nation's premier organizations established to recognize outstanding middle-level students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Character, and Citizenship. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1929. Start Earning your hours now!!!
•Application date at end of 5th Six Weeks during their 7th grade year
•93 average in Core Classes ELA, Lit, Math, History and Science each of five six weeks.
•The semester test and grade are not averaged into that average
•Citizenship grades count
•Community service hours– At least 5 different places
•All community service hours must be recorded in your child's Career Cruising Account