Kenroy Parent Newsletter
Changes for the New Year!
As I am sure you are aware, starting next week we will begin a new hybrid model of learning in Eastmont. Your child will be attending school a full day, alternating days. If you are not sure which days your child will attend, please reach out to their teacher with questions. If you have an older child and you would like schedules to align, please work with the school your oldest child attends to make those changes.
Our pick-up and drop-off times will also change. Drop-off will be from 9:30-9:50. (No early drop-off will be allowed.) Pick-up is at 3:20.
The days your child is not on campus, there is remote learning that should be accessed. This is similar to what remote learning looks like currently with independent practice, specialists, technology and interventions.
We continue to value our partnership with you. It is with this tight connection and communication that Kenroy students thrive. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with questions or suggestions. It is through this dialogue we get better.
For the kids,
Principal- Kristy Daley- firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal- Erin Coyle- email@example.com
It's hat day tomorrow at Kenroy. Wear a funny hat on Friday!
Kenroy Drop-Off and Pick-Up Reminders
Beginning January 19
Drop-Off- 9:30-9:50 AM (no early arrival)
Pick-Up- 3:20 PM
Getting students on and off campus safely and quickly is a priority for us. Due to this, please be aware we will continue Kenroy's "Circle the Block" drop-off and pick-up.
- Kindergarten and First grade students- Front of school
- Second and Third Grade Students- Kansas St.
- Fourth Grade Students- Fence-line gate on Jonathan St.
We encourage students to walk to and from campus if you believe it is safe for them to do so. Our cross-walks continue to be staffed.
- Breakfast must be eaten at home.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge to all students who indicate; however, students may bring their own lunch from home.
- While students eat lunch in classrooms, strict safety protocols, including ventilating, distancing and washing is required.
- Students will be able to take home meals for the next day(s) at the end of the school day.
Custodians with a mask!
Mr. Moore keeps our campus clean!
Students with a mask!
All students and staff are required to wear masks with the exception of lunch and outdoor mask breaks.
Show and Tell with a Mask!
I bet you didn't know show and tell can be done with a mask!
Don't Forget about Remote Instruction on January 19!
- Specialists- P.E., Health, Music and Art (Fridays)
- Independent Practice- This is work from the general education teacher for your child to complete.
- Technology- On-line sites, including Lexia, Zearn, Khan Academy, etc.
- Intervention- Some students will have intervention classes, including English Language Learning and Special Education, 1-2 times a day. If your child qualifies for this, you will be contacted.
- Highly Capable- If your child is in this program, work is to be completed at this time.
Let's Stay Healthy with Mrs. Lutz!
- The Top 10 Hazards in Your Home & How to Stay Safe
- Bicycle, Pedestrian & Transportation Safety
- Hungry? Learn how to make yummy and cute Banana Snowmen, Olive and Cream Cheese Penguins & Grinch Kabobs. Let's eat a healthy snack!
Mrs. Deal shows us what remote teaching looks like at Kenroy!
January's Character Trait is Responsibility
Mark your Calendars...
February 1- COVID Make-Up Day; No school if not needed
February 12- COVID Make-Up Day; No school if not needed
February 15- No School; President's Day