Business and Computer Education
21st Century Business and Digital Citizens
We have two main goals:
- We strive to instill a thirst for computer/technology related activities in the middle school years and prepare students to use computer based technologies in an academic setting during high school.
- We work to expose students to business principles and practice using business skills in meaningful, real-world projects.
MIddle School - Steven Waddington
High School - Sean Burke, Jean DiSanza, Michael Esch
- Celebrating 15+ years of Baron Nation - a student led marketing and spirit group which is a result of our Sports Marketing class.
- FFA Farm Business Management competition - Co-lead with the Agriculture Department our high school's Future Farmers of America Chapter to compete in the Farm Business Management contest (4 recent teams = 4 trips to national level competition
- Manheim Central Stock Investment Club - a group of students manages a portfolio of over $20,000 in actual investments and gives investment earnings to various charitable organizations
- Entrepreneur Class projects - students pick, design and sell school oriented products to fellow students and the community...profits are donated to a student chosen charity.
- Middle School Tech - technology driven classes continue spark curiosity and a love of computing in the next generation
Profile of Instructional Facilitator - Mr. Esch
Hello, my name is Michael Esch, and I currently teach several business classes including Accounting and Business Law at the high school. My background includes a degree in economics from U.C. Davis and an MBA from Carnegie-Mellon University. I spent about ten years in various management positions at R.R. Donnelley and Sons before changing career directions and becoming a business education teacher. I have been teaching at MC since 2008. My role as instructional facilitator is to oversee budget and curriculum issues within our department which includes three teachers at the high school and one at the middle school.