Great things are happening at Crestwood Secondary Campus!
#BetterThanYesterday assemblies coming to Crestwood Secondary Campus
Crestwood is proud to host the Lou Ruspi Jr. Foundation, LRJ, a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to improve mental wellness and suicide prevention through interactive educational programming to school districts and the community.
April 17, 2019 we will host 3 separate assemblies for our student body with a focus on:
- What is mental health and how does it affect us?
- Coping skills, Resiliency, Positive Psychology and Mindfulness
- Bipolar disorder
- Self-harm and suicide prevention
For more information check out this website: https://www.lrjfoundation.com/our-programs/
If you are not comfortable with your child participating in this assembly, please contact your guidance counselor and we will make other arrangements.
Spring is here! April 2019
- 9 April - Secondary Campus PLC meetings 2:40 PM - 4:10 PM
- 10 April
8th grade Field Trip to CTC
YES Field trip to Pottsville
Life Skills Field Trip
- 11-16 April - Band Trip to Florida
- 11 April - Shakespeare/20th Century America Writes Field Trip to King’s College
- 12 April -
Earth and Enviro Field Trip to Wilkes University
Environmental Science “Ellen’s Game of Games” with Mrs. Nemshick
- 13 April - Community Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by Crestwood Football/Cheerleaders
Concerned about kids's access to drugs? Here's some info that parents should know!
Crestwood Odyssey of the Mind team moving on to WORLD FINALS!
Olivia Richards, Shannon Griffiths, Ruthie Mullisky, Christopher Hannon,
Joshua Partington, Nicole Zurawski, and Claire Lenio
The team coached by Ed and Wendy Griffiths finished in 3rd place at the Odyssey of the Mind State Competition, and more importantly, won the highly coveted Renatra Fusca award, which automatically qualifies the team for the World Finals.
The Ranatra Fusca Creativity Award is given to a team or individual for demonstrating outstanding creativity. This award embodies all that the Odyssey of the Mind program represents.
This Crestwood Secondary team won the award based on the design of their vehicle's propulsion and steering system which converted human powered linear energy into rotational force with the aid of gears to gain mechanical advantage and propel their vehicle. Independent axles allowed the wheels to turn at different speeds and direction, and therefore doubled as the vehicle's steering system.
Spirit Wear on sale now!
The Sophomore class is sponsoring a sale of Crestwood gear. Below, you will find a link that includes all the ordering information. Please share with your friends and family, there are even youth sizes available!
Click here for the ON-LINE Store WEBSITE
#CaseyCares - PJ Party Program
A student in our Middle School is asking you to consider supporting “Casey Cares”. This organization assists medically fragile children in many ways. One way in which they support children is through their Pajama Party program. This program provides PJ and Movie Night buckets to homebound families to treat them to a family movie night- complete with pizza, pajamas, and popcorn.
Ways to support this initiative include donating two-piece pajamas (in adult or infant sizes) or providing monetary support through movie or pizza gift cards.
Please drop off your donations in the box in the Campus lobby by April 18 and we thank you for supporting this cause.
April 2019 events on the horizon
- 17 April - #BetterThanYesterday assemblies
- 18 April
Make up snow Day - Activity Day
New Teacher Induction Program
CSD Board of Directors Meeting
- 19 -22 April - SPRING BREAK
- 23 April - Spanish National Honor Society induction program
- 27 April – Prom @ Genetti’s in Hazleton
- 23 – 25 April - PSSA ELA grades 7 & 8
- 25 April - Spring Chorus Concert 7:00 PM
- 29 – 30 April - PSSA Math grades 7 & 8
- 30 April - Junior Jump Start PHEAA presentations during English III class periods
- 1 – 2 May - PSSA Science grade 8
- 6 May - Special Assembly Tuskegee Airman Lt. Col. (ret.) James Harvey guest presentation
Find additional info at https://crestwoodprom.weebly.com or scan the QR code on any poster in the halls!
UPDATED SCHOOL CALENDAR!
Save the date for these important spring 2019 events
· May 9 – FBLA Day @ Railriders game PNC Field
· May 10 - 7th & 8th grade dance
· May 14 - French National Honor Society induction program
· May 20 - National Business Honor Society induction program
· May 23 – 7th & 8th grade @ Railriders game PNC Field
· May 28 - National Junior Honor Society induction program (grs. 7 & 8)
· May 29 - National Honor Society induction program
· TBD – 7th & 8th grade trip to Knoebels ParkSunday June 9 - Graduation - @ Mohegan Sun Arena ** snow days may force this date to June 12**stay tuned for updates!!!
Upcoming sporting events ...
Spring sports have begun!