KINDLES IN THE CLASSROOM!
Getting Started with your Kindle
Click on the gray buttons to connect with more detailed resources.
Creating an Amazon Account
If you are not okay with that, check out the following video to create an Amazon Account just for your school devices. As with any Amazon account, you will need to connect your account to a credit card. A Visa Gift Card will work!
Click this link to go to the PDF instructions with links to set up your account.
Registering your Kindle
To register your Kindle Fire:
From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap More.
Tap My Account.
If you already have an Amazon account: Enter your Amazon account information.
If you do not have an Amazon account: Tap Create Account to set up a new account.
If you need to deregister your device from your Amazon account, follow the steps above, and then tap Deregister. After you deregister your device from your Amazon account, you won't be able to access items stored in the Cloud or items previously downloaded through other devices and Kindle reading applications.
Setting up Profiles in your Amazon Account
Protecting Your Account with Parental Controls
To set up Parental Controls:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap More.
- Tap Parental Controls and then tap On.
- Enter a password, confirm your password, and then tap Finish. Once you've set a password, you can restrict one or more of the following:
- Web browsing
- The Email, Contacts, and Calendars apps
- The ability to purchase from the content stores on your device (for example, the Amazon Appstore) *Turn this feature off to prevent any downloads from the student profile.*
- The ability to play Prime Video
- Specific content types (for example, Books or Apps)
- Wireless connectivity
- Location-based Services *Turn this feature on. This will allow the Find My Fire option to work in the event your device gets lost.*
Note: Make sure that you record your password. If you forget your Kindle Parental Controls password, you need to reset your Kindle Fire to factory defaults to restore full access. This removes all content and account information from your device. After resetting, you can reregister your Kindle Fire, and redownload your content from the Cloud. You can access and download your content from the Cloud at any time.
When you set up and enable Parental Controls, a lock icon appears at the top of the screen.
Need Integration Assistance?