Williamson High School Newsletter - September 2019
Happy Back to School!
We are excited to show off so many new things this year, from our new bathrooms to the auditorium to the cafeteria and our stadium. It is all coming together. We hope to see you at Open House Tuesday, September 10 from 6-8 where you can see these improvements in person while you meet your child's teachers.
Another new improvement this year are our school-wide expectations. PRIDE expectations will be posted around the school and in classrooms so we can ensure we are communicating the same expectations for behavior. Please encourage your child to stay 10th period. Full staff meetings occur only once a month, so there is always somewhere for your child to get extra help.
Dr. Avery and Miss Chaya
Order you Marauder apparel now to show your school spirit! Deadline to order is September 18th.
Information regarding upcoming PSAT
Here are the details about the PSAT being administered in Williamson on Wednesday, October 16. This is a practice SAT exam. Your scores are not shared with colleges. It is to help you learn about and prepare for the actual SAT exam.
1. It is about three hours in length and will begin after Forum.
2. It will happen in either the Study Hall room or the Library.
3. Cost is $18. You can bring cash or check. Do not sign up unless you hand Mrs. Petrucci payment.
4. If you are a junior and get free and reduced lunch, you can request a fee waiver.
5. Space is limited to the first 24 students to sign up.
6. Sign up Deadline is Monday, September 16.
7. Questions? Email me or come see me.
Upcoming College Visits - Fall 2019
*College visits are in the Counseling Office unless otherwise noted
9/12/19 8:30am Hobart and William Smith
9/24/19 7:45am D’Youville College
9/26/19 9-9:45am Rochester Area Colleges
*Multiple colleges will have tables set up in the Front hallway/Foyer
9/26/19 11:00am University of Pittsburgh
10/7/19 10:45am SUNY New Paltz
10/23/19 11:30am Keuka College
10/23/19 12:30pm SUNY Potsdam
10/25/19 11:30am SUNY Geneseo
10/29/19 10:15am SUNY Albany
11/6/19 12:30pm Niagara University
11/19/19 10:30-1:30 MCC Instant Admit Day
New and improved PRIDE tickets are coming!!! Not only will we have wonderful brand new PRIDE posters in our building, but we will also soon have the tickets everyone can earn! Students- save every ticket you get to “cash them in” for items and events coming soon! More details to come and as always KEEP SHOWING THESE PRIDE BEHAVIORS!!!!
Career Exploration Opportunities
Exploring is a way for 9- 12th grade students to check out a career that interests them. It is a career-education program that allows students to learn more about a particular career or industry through hands-on activities led by people out in the field.
Students and their parent should attend a joining event to learn more. You can reserve a spot at a joining event or learn more information by contacting Brad Rickman at Bradley.Rickman@Scouting.org Also, see the flyers for more information.
Feel free to also contact Tracy O'Hara, Career Pathways Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions too.
September Explorer Post Joining Events:
- Tuesday, September 10th, 6 pm - EMS (Canandaigua Emergency Squad Station)
- Thursday, September 12th, 6 pm - Music (Bach to Rock, Penfield)
- Monday, September 16th, 6 pm - Culinary Arts ( NY Kitchen, Canandaigua)
- Sunday, September 15th, 6 pm - EMS (Pittsford Volunteer Ambulance)
- Sunday, September 15th, 6 pm - EMS (Perinton Ambulance)
- Tuesday, September 18th, 7 pm - Agriculture ( LandPro Equipment - Hall)
- Tuesday, September 24th, 6 pm - Law Enforcement (Brighton Police Department)
- Thursday, September 26th, 6 pm - Advanced Manufacturing (Optimax, Ontario)
- Sunday, September 29th, 12 pm - Fire Fighting (Ridge Culver Fire Dept., Rochester)
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 5:30 - Healthcare (Rochester Regional Health, Portland Ave. Rochester)