Boerne ISD Board Report
May 15th, 2023
The Boerne ISD Board of Trustees held their regular monthly meeting in the BISD Board Room on Monday, September 18th, 2023.
This month's Board meeting included:
- Board Commendations
- Character Counts
- Tax Rate Lowered Again
- Superintendent's Report
Cibolo Creek Students Lead The Pledges
The Board commended Boerne ISD students and staff, as well as celebrated district-wide honors. Below are some of the honorees.
- Caleb Benchoff (BHS Senior)
- CHS/BHS College Board Recognitions
- Student Advisory Council
- CES named Purple Star Campus
- CHS/BHS US News Rankings
- Air Conditioned Buses
To learn more about our September 2023 Commendations please click below for the presentation script.
Coach Leech was joined by BISD Seniors Abby Smith (BHS) and Sutter Clemons (CHS) to give details about the council, which has a total of nearly 200 students from Athletics and Fine Arts at Boerne and Champion High School.
*Note- Abby and Sutter are pictured below with their mothers
Tax Rate Lowered Again
The Board voted to lower the district's property tax rate for the fifth straight year.
- The 2023-24 tax rate will decrease by 18.5 cents per $100 valuation from $1.1786 to $0.9932.
- The average taxpayer will save nearly $900 in property taxes in 2024.
- The district's tax rate has decreased by a total of 36 cents since 2018, and is among one of the lowest school tax rates in the area.
- To read more about the BISD tax rate please click here.
- Dr. Price thanked our Principals for a fantastic start to the school year.
- The TEA accountability rating announcement has been delayed until October.
- September is Suicide Prevention Month and BISD is participating in awareness events
- We are encouraging our community to complete the Superintendent Search survey.
- We will be updating our dashboard on our district website to make it more interactive