American Sign Language Network
2-Day Series for 2016-17
Workshop Series Overview
- Are you the only ASL teacher in your district?
- Are you struggling with writing a standards-based curriculum?
- Do you need help developing a strong and successful program?
- Are you willing to share classroom-proven activities that promote student success?
- Are you looking for ways to improve your assessment process?
If you answered YES to these questions, then the ASL Network sessions are for you! These meetings are designed for all teachers who are currently teaching ASL. By attending these sessions participants develop a network of support as well as resources to work on curriculum, instruction, and assessment. Additionally, ASL teachers can request DPPD hours. Come share your successful experiences and learn from other ASL teachers. Participants are asked to bring a classroom activity to share to each meeting.
Dates and Times
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Cost: $40.00 for both sessions
Cynthia Dees, retired ASL teacher
Irma Torres, Oakland Schools World Languages Consultant
The majority of this workshop will be conducted in ASL. If you need accommodations, please contact Irma Torres.