Kelsey's Coaching Corner
Amber Miller, a SWKLiNK grant consultant, has created this great list of books for elementary, middle and high school students that are high interest and low readability. Click the link above to download.
Upcoming Literacy Activities, Meetings and Events:
- March 1- USD 371 Mindy Applegate LiNK visit
- March 5- P/T conferences, StoryWalk & Talk (flyers should be in your teacher mailboxes...If you need an extra copy I've attached the document below), Angela Lawrence LiNK visit
- March 7- USD 371 Mindy Applegate LiNK visit
- March 8- No school
- March 15- Spring Break begins
- March 19- Maria Ortiz-Smith and Angela Lawrence LiNK visit -Maria will be visiting classrooms on this date.
- March 21- USD 371 Mindy Applegate LiNK visit/Dismiss @ 2:00 HS Forensics
- March 22- USD 476 Rebel Reading/USD 371 MTSS mtg
*Future Planning: April 8th and April 15th
Below you'll find some of the titles that will be up for the StoryWalk and Talk. Please feel free to show them to your kiddos!
*Our Literacy Nights are coming up on April 8th USD 476 and April 15th for USD 371. If you would like to volunteer to run a station at the literacy night please contact me. I will do all the planning and gather the supplies, I just need volunteers. Additionally, we are doing a camping theme, so if you have a tent that you could let us use for flashlight reading in the gym, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
Literacy Tech Tip
Student Treasures Publishing is offering FREE kits for students to create books. This looks like an awesome opportunity to help your students feel like real authors!