Keto Diet Plan for Beginners
Discover the Best Keto Diet Menu for Beginners
Keto Diet Plan for Beginners Free
If you asked anyone this year about the diet that they are in or wanted to try, well, you will probably hear more people saying about the keto diet plan for beginners.
The “keto” or ketogenic is a low carb, high-fat, adequate-protein type of diet. The keto’s diet goal is to gain more calories coming from fat and protein and lesser from carbohydrates. The diet’s food plan will push one’s body into ketosis. Through this, instead, burning carbohydrates for a person’s energy, it burns fat for the body's energy. This is a state where instead of burning down carbohydrates, instead, it burns fat for energy.
Did you know that this diet has several types? Yes, these are the following:
(SKD) Standard Ketogenic Diet: this type has a very low-carb, high-fat, and moderate protein diet. The food plan for this type typically contains 5% carb, 75% fat, and 20% protein.
(HKD) High-Protein Ketogenic Diet: this diet is similar to SKD, but it contains more protein. It has 35% protein, 5% carbs, and 60% fat.
(TKD)Targeted Ketogenic Diet: This diet allows you to have additional carbs, even around your workouts.
(CKD) Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: This type of keto diet follows periods of high-carb refeed. For instance, five ketogenic days will be followed by two days of high carbs.
Free Keto Meal Plan for Beginners
Just like other weight-loss or diet plans, keto diet limits the amount of food that you should eat. Here are the following foods to reduced or eliminated:
- Alcohol: Because it is high in carbs, alcoholic beverages will throw you out of the ketosis.
- Bad fats: mayonnaise, processed vegetable oils, etc.
- Fruits: all fruits should be except strawberries.
- Sauces or condiments: these contain unhealthy fats and sugar.
- Sugar-free diet foods: highly processed foods that contain sugar alcohol, making it harmful for your ketone levels.
- Grains or starches: cereals, pasta, rice, wheat-based products, etc.
- Sugary Foods: ice cream, cake, fruit juice, soda,etc.
- Diet or low-fat products: highly processed foods with high levels of carbs.
- Tubers and Root vegetables: parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Legumes or beans: chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans, etc.
Limiting or reducing those foods above may not sound exciting but no worries, you can have more of the following for every meal:
- Seeds and nuts: chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, etc.
- Eggs: go for the omega-3 whole or pasteurized eggs.
- Fish: mackerel, tuna, trout, and salmon.
- Low-carb veggies: onion peppers, tomatoes, green veggies, etc.
- Avocado: freshly made guacamole or one-whole piece
- Cream and butter: should come from grass-fed animals.
- Healthy oils: avocado oil, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil.
- Meat: turkey, chicken, bacon, red meat, etc.
- Condiments: healthy herbs and spices, etc
- Cheese: unprocessed cheese
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, etc.
Keto Diet Menu for Beginners
Here is a free sample meal plan for a keto diet for one week:
- Monday: For breakfast, you can have a healthy omelet with salsa, peppers, onion, avocado, and spices. For lunch, you can go with one handful of celery sticks and nuts with salsa and guacamole. For dinner, chicken stuffed with cream cheese and pesto will do. Don’t forget the vegetables.
- Tuesday: For breakfast, you can have fried eggs with mushrooms and bacon. Burger with cheese, guacamole, and salsa will be great for lunch. As for dinner, eggs and steak with a side salad will be fantastic.
- Wednesday: Tomatoes, eggs, and bacon are good for breakfast. For lunch, chicken salad with feta cheese and olive oil will do. Salmon cooked in butter with asparagus is perfect for dinner.
- Thursday: For breakfast, you can go for a goat cheese omelet, basil, tomato, and egg. For lunch, stevia milkshake, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and almond milk. For dinner, vegetables, cheddar cheese, and meatballs.
- Friday: A ketogenic milkshake will be great for breakfast. For lunch, you can go for shrimp salad with avocado and olive oil. Dinnertime is best with pork chops with broccoli, parmesan cheese, and salad.
- Saturday: For breakfast, a sugar-free yogurt with stevia, cocoa powder, and peanut butter will do. Vegetables and a stir-fried beef cooked in coconut oil for lunch will be awesome. And for dinner, a bun-less burger with cheese, egg, and bacon will complete your day.
- Sunday: For breakfast, it is a ham-and-cheese omelet day with a delightful amount of vegetables. Ham and cheese slices with added nuts will be unique for lunch. And spinach, egg, and white fish cooked in coconut oil will be wonderful.
The keto diet will be great for those who wanted to improve their metabolic health, diabetic, or overweight. It may be effective to some but not for those who wanted to gain weight or muscle, as well as to athlete. To be safe, it would be better to discuss first your plans with your doctor.