The Enigma Machine
1915, two Dutch Naval officers invented a machine to encrypt messages. This became known as the Enigma machine.
- The Enigma machine was used by the Germans to send messages to their allies.
- England then sent spys from Poland to Germany to find out how to de-crypt their plans
- The three mathmatesions returned to Polond after solving messages and sending copys back to London, and information on how to solve the Enigma code.
- Shortly after the Germans invaded Poland, captured the three men and tortured them.
- The Collossus Computer was made by Thomas Flowers it cost £1000 out of his own pocket and it helped crack the Enigma code.
- It was the worlds first programmable electronic Computer it lived at bletchley house at the original was destroyed in the second world war.
- There was 2 versions of the computer
- The colossus computer was vitel to the second world war as it played a big part in ending it.
- he Collossus is literally huge that's why it's called Collussus like a Supercomputer of today in terms of size