Structures Of The Respiratory System
- Sinuses - Warm and moisten air
- Pharynx - common passageway for air and food
- Epiglottis - Flap of cartilage allows air to pass through and closes during swallowing
- Larynx - Voice box
- Trachea - Windpipe
Importance Of The Respiratory System As It Relates To Immunity
- Respiratory System ( lungs ) has parts of the immune system in it.
- It Is called balt- bronchial associated with lymphoid tissue.
- Also cells in the lining of the lung that samples the air for virus , bacteria , etc.
- These cells communicate with the immune system to eventually make antibodies that can then move or cause to move continuously or freely through a closed system or area .
How Do You Relate The Bodies Use Of Nutrients To The Respiratory System
- Vitamin D - prevents respiratory disease in newborns
- Vitamin E - prevents common colds
- Fol ate - prevents respiratory infections .