Wythe Creek Weekly
May 18, 2016
Upcoming ToolBox Talks
This Week: Casey's Quiz on Chains, Ropes, and Cords
Next Week: Julie's Quiz on Respirators
Coming Up: Brenda's Quiz on TBA
Get to Know: Gail!
ice cream, steak...
If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work?
Cleaning, I am over it! I want the magic Genie to clean the house and do the laundry while I sleep each night and before I get home from work each day
What is your favorite holiday?
What is your favorite TV Show or movie?
Blue Bloods, Law and Order, Chicago Fire, basically any who-done-it drama show.
Do you love or hate roller coasters?
If you were a Disney Character, who would you be?
Timon... Hakuna Matata!
What is your pet peeve?
disorganization and messy piles.
Would you rather: read on a Kindle or a paperback book?
Would you rather: relax in/by the pool or the ocean?
If you could travel anywhere in the world today, where would you go?
Austria to see where my family emigrated from.
If you could time-travel, would you go to the past or the future?
Who do you consider your family?
My immediate family of course, the Pummells, and anyone else who loves me or my family for who we are.
I have been beyond blessed to spend my working and personal life with friends and family. My favorite activity outside of work is gardening. I love it and it is like therapy without the bill.
FitBit Subsidy - Starts June 1st!
If you need help choosing or setting up your tracker please see Regan. You will also need to be added to the community group on which our challenges will be hosted (again see Regan!).
Additional program details are available on the flyer that was sent out last week.
Currently we have multiple incentives linked to participating in this program:
- You could get your FitBit partially or fully paid for!
- For every 100,000 steps you accrue you will earn a backpack
- If the group as a whole makes it to Miami, FL (see below for challenge details) before the first day of summer we will get 15 backpacks
- Pride of beating or exceeding your own goals and seeing improvement in your own fitness and health.
- Surprise incentives will exist!
Paying it Forward
May - Police Station Treat Delivery
June - The Office Group Gives Back-to-School (Part 1)
Dates in May/June
- NOW: you can start accruing backpacks!--anything done toward this goal after May 12th will be counted!
- May 25th: Indvidual Pledges due to Regan (there is a form in the form section of this newsletter!
- June 1st: First FitBit Monthly Challenge begins see below
- June 15th: There will be a "Backpack Blitz" challenge - TBA details.
Ways to Accrue Backpacks
- The June FitBit Monthly Challenge: as a group, let's make it to Miami Beach, Florida in time for the first day of summer. That means that as a group we need to accumulate 815 miles (the distance between Poquoson, VA and Miami Beach, FL) between June 1st and June 20th. We need everyone's participation to do this! IF the goal is reached then we will award 15 backpacks to the group (divided by participation rate to all the people that help us get there!) In order to have your steps counted toward this challenge or any other FitBit challenge please give Regan the email address that you signed up for Fitbit with so you can be added to the community group.
- Backpack Blitz on June 15th: TBA
- Set-up a Payroll Deduction
- Save your spare change
- Win a Toolbox Talk quiz and forego the gift card
- Be generally awesome and receive recognition and backpacks from management
- FitBit 100,000 step bonus: for every 100,000 steps you take you will accrue 1 backpack!
You should be completing this for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that needs to be fixed or improved about your computer, connectivity, etc.