The Johnson Journal
Week of October 12th-16th
Mya is our class' STUDENT OF THE MONTH!!!
Tatiana was named BUS RIDER OF THE MONTH for her bus!
Way to go ladies! Keep up the great work!
What are we Learning This Week?
In ELA, we are working on Inferencing.
In Math, we are working on Volume.
This is our last week of learning new content. Next week will be review, and EOQs are the week after that!
Important Information to Know
- I sat down with each student this past Friday and went over their grades. I made a list for them for each assignment they can either complete to replace 0s, or work to make a better grade on. Please ask your child what we talked about. I want them to have the best grades possible, and it is up to them to complete their work! Please message me if you have any questions!
- I still have a few students' homework packets from last week that I am working to grade, but other than that, all grades are updated. Each grade also has information added to let you know when the assignment was worked on, and in what form it was in.
- This is the last week we are learning new content! After this week, we will spend next week reviewing, and then the EOQs are the week after. Then we will be finished with the 1st quarter! Wow! Time has flown!
- Our Grandfather Mountain field trip is only a week away. It is on Monday, October 19th. Students are expected to arrive at school no later than 7am. That is when our bus is leaving. We will arrive back at school at 5pm. Please plan accordingly to pick up your student at 5pm. Remember, if you are following behind the buses, your student still cannot ride back home with you, according to our district policy.
- For those parents riding behind the bus, if you are interested in carpooling with other parents, please send me an email, and I will get you in touch with other parents wishing to do the same. If not, just plan to be at the back of the school Monday morning at 7, and follow along from there. You will be responsible for paying for admission to Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns, and for your lunch at the Grandfather Mountain Cafe.
- I am going to be introducing a Cloud Project this week. It will be due on Friday, October 23rd. Ask your child tomorrow to show you the requirements for the project.
- Thanks so much to all of the parent volunteers that have helped this year so far! It has helped more than you will ever know!
- Please remember to send in a snack with your child each afternoon if they so choose. We work from 12:30 to 3:00 each afternoon, and all appreciate a snack around 1:45. If anyone would want to send in extra granola bars and things for those that don't have a snack, we would appreciate it! Thanks!
- Finally, we have another Early Release Day this Wednesday, October 14th. Please make plans for your child to be released at 1:00pm Wednesday.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Wednesday, October 14th: Early Release Day- 1:00pm
- Monday, October 19th: Grandfather Mountain/Linville Caverns Field Trip
- Friday, October 23rd: Cloud Project Due
- Monday, October 26th: Science EOQ
- Tuesday, October 27th: ELA EOQ
- Wednesday, October 28th: Math EOQ
- Thursday, October 29th: End of 1st Quarter- ALL WORK AND CORRECTIONS OF WORK DUE TODAY!
- Friday, October 30th: Teacher Workday- No School!
- Monday, November 2nd: Teacher Workday- No School!
- Monday, November 2nd-Friday, November 6th: Conference Week
- Wednesday, November 11th: Veteran's Day- No School
- Tuesday, November 24th: Early Release Day
- Wednesday, November 25th-Friday, November 27th: Thanksgiving Break