The Colt Classified
November 5, 2018
Texas Wildlife Association Visited our Colts
It's Chili Cook-off Time!
This annual event supports our students, staff and mission – and continues a legacy of excellence in our leading-edge STREAM learning environment.
Bring your best CHILI- win bragging rights for snagging the coveted
- Chili Cook Off Champion Superstar (1st, 2nd and 3rd place Awards)
- Best Themed Booth Award
Chili Cook Off is this Friday! There are many ways you can still get involved. We need EVERYONE’S help and support!
- Enter your chili cookoff team, spots for teams are still available.
- Sign up to work a shift at a Games or Food Booth. Sign up by clicking here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080549AFAD2DA31-2018
- Sponsorships are still needed for games, music and food. Your family name or business name will be displayed. Please note “Esquites” Creamy Corn Cups will be substituted for roasted corn. Visit www.corpuschristihouston.org or contact Susan Miller email@example.com for information!
- Purchase presale entry bracelets and game tickets in advance- see flyer send in last Tuesday's folder for details
We can't wait to see you at the cook off!
Join us for our Steps for Students Pep Rally
Third Grade Saint Estimation Jars
Halloween Science was Spooktacular!
Family Dine Out is Tomorrow!
Dia de los Muertos
- Kindergarten and first grade students decorated their pumpkins (calabazas).
- Second graders learned about the Monarch butterflies and their migration from Canada to Mexico, just in time for Dia de los Muertos.
- Third thru fifth grade students decorated their own version of the sugar skull, which is used to signify the sweetness of life.
- Middle school scholars displayed their own ofrendas in honor of family members who have died.
The act of praying for the deceased is a long held Catholic tradition and is one of the Corporal Works of Mercy.
Parent Bible Study Group Meets Every Tuesday
Auction Blast Week 1
Fall Festival Fun!!
Thank You Parents for Making the Festival Special for our Colts!
- For the repose of the soul of Mr. Narciso Arong, grandfather of Amelia Gambling (PreK4)
- For God's healing of Mrs. Barbra Kennedy, mother-in-law of Mrs. Carla Kennedy (MS Math)
- For God's healing of Mr. Frank Perez, Ms. Perez's (PreK4) grandfather
- For God's healing of Mr. Joe Patrick's father (choir)
- For God's healing of Mr. Pete Perez, grandfather of Emman Perez (8th)
- For God's healing of Mr. Joe Nguyen, father of Tiffany (6th)
- For God's healing of Michaela and Alisia, aunts of Alex Stevens (7th)
- For God's healing of Ms. Gloria Jackson, grandmother of Micah (5th) and Nyla (3K)