WINTER PARK BAND Weekly Newsletter
November 8, 2020
Orchestra Winds and Percussion Rehearsal with Strings
Tuesday, Nov. 10th, 2:45-4pm
2100 Summerfield Road
Winter Park, FL
From Mr. Clemente
Dear Winter Park Band families,
Tuesday, November 10 will again be an after school rehearsal for the Orchestra Winds and Percussion. Remember that this week's rehearsal will begin slightly earlier than last week's at 2:45 PM, as indicated on the event above.
Thank you to those students who have signed up for this coming Friday's home football playoff game. We still have a small number of spots in some sections, so I will be reaching out to students and their families individually to fill those openings Monday morning.
11/13 PLAYOFF GAME TICKETS: Now that the football team is in the playoffs, there will no longer be free tickets given out to participating students. Tickets to all playoff games will only be available for purchase online - no ticket sales at the gate. To purchase tickets to this Friday's game, please visit: https://gofan.co/app/events/146093. Tickets are $8.00.
To all Outdoor Band students, please keep in mind that if the football team wins their game this week, we will have another home playoff game next week and need to field another volunteer pep band.
As you may have seen already on the Band calendar, we have added a Full Outdoor Band Recording Session on the afternoon of Tuesday, 11/17. Since we've been able to focus so much this year on our traditional marching band music, as well as lots of "stands tunes," Mr Smith and I want to create something to show for all of our student's hard work. The recordings from this session will be made available to our Band families at no cost.
It's time to show your Winter Park Band spirit with our Band Spirit Wear! Please see below in the newsletter for more details, pricing, and photos of the items and color options available for purchase. This year we've added even more options and logos to choose from. Spirit Wear makes a perfect holiday gift! All orders must be made through SchoolPay.com no later than next Monday, 11/16.
The other week, I was alerted that the Winter Park Christmas Parade on December 5 is still planned to go on as scheduled. Normally, we as a marching band have one parade under our belts and would be prepared to perform in the parade without extra rehearsal time. Due to the factors we all know too well this school year, we'll need some extra rehearsal time in order to be prepared for the parade. Please see the Charms calendar for details on those rehearsals coming up after the Thanksgiving Holiday. More information on uniform fittings and other details will be forthcoming.
Let's have a great week!
From the Band Booster President
November 8, 2020
Thank you to all of the parents who volunteered for the game on Friday night. The “Orange” band sounded amazing, and we appreciate the help from all of our volunteers. There are volunteer spots for the game this Friday, so please consider helping if your student is playing in the volunteer pep band.
Have a great week everyone!
BAND SPIRIT WEAR: ORDER BY 11/16
Let’s all show our Winter Park Band spirit with spirit wear! Spirit wear is now available for purchase for any current Band student, parent, family member, or alumni. Makes a perfect holiday gift!
Orders for spirit wear must be placed on SchoolPay.com by Monday, November 16, 2020. Items will be available for pickup at school beginning after Thanksgiving Break.
Prices per item:
- BAND LOGO Short Sleeve T-shirt - $10.00
- BAND LOGO Long Sleeve T-shirt - $12.00
- BAND LOGO Hooded Sweatshirt - $20.00
- BAND LOGO Short Sleeve Performance Tee - $15.00
- BAND LOGO Long Sleeve Performance Tee - $20.00
- COLOR GUARD LOGO Short Sleeve Tee - $10.00
- JAZZ LOGO Short Sleeve Tee - $10.00
- BAND LOGO Face Mask - $5.00
- BAND 2020-2021 LOGO Short Sleeve Shirt - $10.00
*** See color options available for all items above in images below. ***
All orders must be placed through SchoolPay.com. Orders due Monday, 11/16/2020.
Kicking off Monday, 11/9 - Butter Braid Fundraiser
Tomorrow is the start of our Butter Braid fundraiser! Here are the important details you need to know:
Orders can be collected in 2 different ways.
First way - use the paper order form that your student will bring home on Monday. If you are a LaunchEd student, you can download the form from this link: http://www.winterparkhsband.com/band-boosters.html. Orders need to be paid for at the time of ordering. Checks can be made out to WPHS Band.
Second way - there is an online store that you can send the link to those that don’t live far away. You will still need to deliver the product to them. There is NO direct shipping available. They will pay for their item through the online store. Click on the link below to set up your online store: https://store.myfundraisingplace.com/RegisterSeller/f2039675-971e-4620-b22d-1270b59bc907
Orders are due November 19th with payment!
All Butter Braid orders MUST be paid for in advance.
If you are using the paper form, you can use:
- Check/cash turned in with your order.
Orders submitted in the online store will already be paid for.
There is a tight turn around to get our order placed with the company and we cannot process an order without payment. If you use SchoolPay, please send in a copy of your receipt with your order form.
Remember, students benefit from each pastry sold! The money earned will go into their band account.
Questions? Feel free to email me at Ribaric.email@example.com
Unlike a full band rehearsal experience, studying with a private teacher focuses in on the student’s individual needs. Students who study privately once a week from a professional musician are usually those who excel and find Band more enjoyable. These students frequently earn positions in honor groups like All-State and All-County, and make entry into our more advanced bands like Wind Symphony and Jazz Ensemble I. Some even go on to earn college scholarships, even if they are not majoring in music!
By following the link below, you will find a list of local private teachers. This list is not exhaustive, and there may be other individuals who are not on the list. If you know a private teacher who should be added (or would like to be deleted), please contact Mr. Clemente at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW PARENT LIAISON
If you are having a technology issue and have not yet reached out to the school about resolution, please email Mr. Steffey at Donald.Steffey@ocps.net to set up an appointment at school for your computer to be looked at. Email should be sent as soon as you read this!
As a reminder, students are considered present in their LaunchED class if they:
- Joined the call before the tardy bell.
- Have their camera on the entire class period.
- Are able to be seen, face and instrument, in the camera view.
- Participate in class from bell to bell.
Students who do not have their camera on for the duration of class, and we have not received an email from the school stating awareness of the issue and work towards it being resolved, will be marked absent.
Thank you for your work to resolve these technology issues!
Tuesday, November 11: Orchestra Winds and Percussion Rehearsal with Strings, 2:45 - 4 PM
Friday, November 13: Volunteer Pep Band at Home Playoff Football Game, 7 - 10 PM
Tuesday, November 17: Outdoor Band Recording Session, 3 - 5 PM
Monday, November 23 - Friday, November 27: Thanksgiving Break
Tuesday. December 1: Parade Rehearsal, 3 - 5 PM
Thursday, December 3: Parade Rehearsal, 3 - 5 PM
Saturday, December 5: Winter Park Christmas Parade, 7 - 11 AM
FINANCES & CHARMS
Past Due Band Payments
- Band Registration Fair Share - $25.00 Due 5/5
- Fair Share Payment 1 - $25.00 Due 8/19
- Fair Share Payment 2 - $25.00 Due 9/30
- Jazz Fair Share Payment 1(if applies) - $15.00 Due 9/30
- School Instrument Semester 1 Maintenance(if applies) - $60.00 Due 9/30
Viewing your Student's Financial Account in Charms:
There is a direct link to Charms in "Quick Links" on the band website.
- Our school code is winterparkhsband
- The Student Area Password would be a unique password that either the student or parent have set up. (If you don't know the password it can be reset by one of the band directors).
- Once you have logged into the Student Area, click on the round, red $ symbol on the top menu bar to view your student's account
- If your student has earned Band Account Credit (in the Miscellaneous Ledger) this credit can be transferred to pay for many band fees: Fair Share, School Instrument Maintenance, Registration Fees for All-State, All-County and Solo Ensemble.
Requesting a Credit Transfer to pay for Fixed Payments Due:
- Click on the "Transfer Request" tab just below the round, red $ symbol. Select the fixed payment you would like to pay for using the credit. The request is sent to the band directors and the band booster treasurer.
- SENIORS: Please check your credit balance and use it accordingly during the year. Credit for Seniors left at the end of the year can only be transferred to siblings.
2020-2021 FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS SCHEDULE