Brown, Jadyn- 2nd hour
- Rain or melted snow, usually originating in the hills and mountins, create streams and rivers that eventually run to the ocean.
- Water flows through a turbine, spinning it, which activates a generator to produce electricity.
- Hydroelectric power is used for ho,es, farms, and ranches.
- Hydroelectric power is one of the oldest power sources on the planet. Niagara Falls was the site of the country's first hydroelectric generating facility.
- Pumped sea waters offers- demand hydroelectric power.
- Fossil Fuels are found deep under the ground.
- When these anicent living things died, the decomposed and became buried under layers and layers of mud, rock, and sand.
- They are used to fuel cars and airplanes, power electricity plants, and heat our homes. They are also used to make medicines, cosmetics, plastics, synthetic fabrics, and lubricants,
- Fossil Fuels are super cheap. Also they have been around for millions of years.
- They eventually have to use solar, hydro, and wind because fossil fuels will eventually run out.
Coal, crude oil, and natural gas are all types of fossil fuels.
This is how Hydroelectric power is made.
This is a picture of fossil fuels being burned.
How hydroelectricity works