Problems and Solutions
Sleep should be a great event in a student’s life. Everyone needs to sleep to replenish our mental and physical strength. Sleep is a good magical weapon to gain a good tomorrow because a person who have had enough sleep can give us a good spirit to beat more challenges and enough sleep can make our bodies and spirits relaxed and full of vitality. So sleep is a very important thing in our life. But sometimes we may have a lack of sleep. So sleep is a very important factor in our life. And Sleep deprivation is a huge problem. There is a proverb that says, " We all have thousand trouble silk, because we are on this world", it means that since people were born on the world, then they will have a lot of trouble. That also tells us we will have more trouble and stress in our whole life. Different people, different time, different place have different emotions and different feelings. Those worries, anxieties, stress are all the factors for sleep deprivation, and there are other factors that influence sleep deprivation problem. Sleep deprivation happens all around the world so no one can escape by sheer luck, because you don’t know when it will happened.
Sleep deprivation can have effects on both your mental and physical health.
2."Research indicates that acute sleep loss enhances pleasure response processing in the brain underlying the drive to consume food" (Benedict et al. E444). It means when people slack of sleep brain will have reaction to consume food. Then people want to eat more. This phenomenon is most commonly occurs in women.
Improving Sleep Environment and Habits
- Have a Comfortable Environment: Change your sleep environment like to use a good bed or control may affect your noise background.
- Establish a Routine: Have a good habit to management your sleep time. Like make a typical daily schedule or reading something all can help you control your sleep time.
- Get Up at the Same Time: Setting an alarm to help you can wake up as the same time then slowly develop into a habit and you will go back to more normal hour.
- Limit Daytime Napping: Daytime napping interferes with nighttime sleep. So don’t nap.
- Use Relaxation or Distraction to Fall Asleep: Make your body relax or to count sheep may help you.
Additional Sleep Aids
- Controlling Stress and Worry: Lean to control your stress, don’t think anything. Or use the method of autosuggestion to think that everything is down. You can soak in a hot tub or bath before going to bed.
- Avoiding Caffeine, Alcohol & Tobacco: Avoid products containing caffeine, like coffee, tea, soft drinks and chocolate, avoid alcohol and tobacco before bedtime. Those are all barrier to falling asleep.
- Check Your Meds: Try to avoid the use of drugs to help sleep.