Lakeview Family Newsletter - November 30
Prefer to read this in a different language? Scroll to the bottom and click "translate".
Cold Weather Season
Now that the cold weather has settled in, please remember a few things:
• If the "feels like" temperature is at least 10 degrees, students go outside. We check the weather in the morning and again before lunch to make this decision.
• Some days, it can be too cold to be outside before 8:30, but then warm up enough to go outside for lunch recess. We will send students outside whenever possible, so please make sure your child(ren) bring everything they need to stay warm every day.
• Students at Lakeview must have both boots AND snowpants to leave the blacktop during recess. Sometimes our youngest students are disappointed that they cannot play on the equipment during recess because they forgot boots and/or snowpants. Please send everything everyday.
• Please see this letter from our superintendent, Dr. Olson, regarding school closing in event of extreme weather.
• Please use extra caution when driving around the school at drop-off and pick-up. Leave extra stopping distance near stop signs and be sure to come to a full stop at each intersection. Even though the crosswalks may be slightly covered with snow, we all know where they are, so please keep them clear for our students.
Please click the links below to find the teacher newsletter for your student(s):
Specialists - all grades (will rotate grades each week)
Monday, December 3 - Smart Smiles assembly in the afternoon
Friday, December 7 - First trimester report cards sent home
Smart Smiles Program
From Mrs. Cosgrove, our G/T coordinator
South Milwaukee Social Media
Are you following the School District of South Milwaukee on social media yet? Follow us on a variety of platforms to see the everyday happenings in each building, get information about school events or closings due to weather, and stay up to date on the vital role the school district plays in our community! Click the pictures links below to follow us! #SMWAY
SM Literacy Night
• Meet author Bob Raczka
• Attend a poetry workshop
• Hear South Milwaukee musicians perform
• Check out student writing
• Even enjoy a light dinner!
Please mark this date on your calendar. More information will follow in the coming weeks. You may also download and print the flyer below. Print one copy and cut it in half to invite another family, too!