Colts Express News
May 30, 2019
- Field Day Reminders: Field Day is tomorrow! 1. Please put sunscreen on your child before coming to school tomorrow. It is supposed to be sunny. 2. Make sure students have their water bottles filled before coming to school. 3. Students should wear their class t-shirt or similar color and comfortable shoes with socks. 4. Students may get wet, so a change of clothes is a good idea just in case.
- Parent Input for Student Placement for the 19-20 School Year: As in year's past, you have the option to share information that will help us make a good teacher placement for your child for next school year. Please remember that we do not take specific teacher requests. Please complete the form by June 7 if you wish to have the information used in making a class placement. If you click on the following link it will take you to the google survey: https://forms.gle/18Dn4BAawZGsHRQSA
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony on June 4 at 8:30 AM: This is an exciting day for our fifth grade students and their families! We look forward to honoring their accomplishments and hard work as they prepare for their journey to middle school. We will open our doors for seating for this event at 7:40 AM. Parents and family members will not be able to enter before that time due to student breakfast. If you plan to take a younger sibling that attends SES, that child will need to be signed out of school for them to attend. You may also keep the younger sibling with you until after the program and sign them in after if you like.
- PTA Board & Committee Members Needed: Our PTA is in need of a treasurer and vice president next year. They are also in need of consistent volunteers that can help with events like Blue Pops, School Store, Teacher Appreciation, and Spirit Nights. If you are interested, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration!
- Medication Pick-Up: Please pick up any medications that your child may have kept with the nurse this year by Wednesday, June 5, at 11:00 AM.
- Lost & Found: All lost and found items left at the end of the school year will be donated. Please be sure to check if your child has lost any items before June 5.
- Summer Hours: Beginning June 10, we will begin our summer hours. We will be open Monday-Thursday from 7:15-4:00.
Upcoming Important Dates
- 5/31: Field Day - K/1st/2nd from 8:15-10:25 & 3rd/4th/5th from 11:30-1:40
- 6/3: Weather Make-Up Day for Field Day if Needed
- 6/4: 5th Grade Promotion at 8:30; 11:00 AM Dismissal
- 6/5: Last Day of School - 11:00 AM Dismissal
Springfield Elementary School
Click on the SES button to be redirected to our school website for additional information.