This Week in DHS Band and Guard
May 30 - June 5, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Tuesday, May 31st
- SLT Call Time, 8:15 am
- June Camp, 9 am - 4 pm, DHS Band Hall (please arrive early the first day)
- Quartermasters work in Uniform Room, 4-4:30 pm
Wednesday, June 1st
- June Camp, 9 am - 4 pm
- Movie Night, 6-8 pm, DHS Band Hall
Thursday, June 2nd
- June Camp, 9 am - 4 pm
- Parent Preview Performance and Parent Meeting, 6:30 pm, DHS Auditorium
Saturday, June 4th
- Band Registration - see below for times by grade and last name
Monday, June 6th
- Student Leadership Team Workday (optional), 10 am - noon
Our June Marching Band Camp is May 31st - June 2nd from 9 am - 4 pm at DHS. This is required for all students participating in band or color guard during the 2022-2023 school year. Click here for a map with where to enter the building. Please bring water, snacks, lunch, and your instrument. We will have school owned instruments available. Students need to wear tennis shoes, athletic shorts, and a t-shirt. We will start wearing our rehearsal uniform in August.
All students need to arrive at 8:30 am on Tuesday if you need a school owned instrument. We will all start together with a student meeting at 9 am in the band hall.
Parent Preview Performance and Meeting
Band Registration is Saturday, June 4th and is required for all students participating in band or color guard during the 2022-2023 school year. We will be collecting fees and ordering uniform parts. South Texas Family Medicine will be at Band Registration on June 4th to give physicals. Physicals will be $25 through South Texas Family Medicine.
Here are times for registration. You can come at any time during the hour assigned. We do not recommend everyone show up at the top of every hour.
8:30 - SLT Registration
9 am - Seniors and Juniors
10 am - Sophomores Last names A-L
11 am - Sophomores Last names M-Z
Noon - Lunch Break
1 pm - Incoming Freshmen Last names A-D
2 pm - Incoming Freshmen Last names E-M
3 pm - Incoming Freshmen Last names N-Z
Here are a few thing that can be done ahead of time to expedite the registration process.
- Update contact info on charms. School Code: DavenportHSBand, Student Area Password: ID# without leading zero, You will be prompted to create a new password, Update contact information for student and adult
- Complete forms on Rank One.
- Order required uniform items from TMF. The online store to buy rehearsal clothes and uniform parts will be open until June 7th. There are required items to purchase for every section (winds, percussion, color guard). Please make sure to select all items for your section/gender that are marked as required. Students may reuse all items from last year if they still fit. Items ordered will be distributed in late July.
What you need to bring to registration
- A pen
- Band fees - Cash, credit card, or check
- Winds/percussion - Socks and compression shirt/shorts from last year or snug fitting clothing to try on uniform
- $25 for a physical through South Texas Family Medicine if need
- Completed physical if done. Physicals cannot be uploaded onto Rank One. A Paper copy must be turned in.
Below are links for a list of fees and required apparel for band and color guard for marching season for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Please consider paying with cash or a check to avoid the 4% plus $1 per transaction service charge for using a credit card. You may pay your booster fees online at this link. The instrument usage fee can be paid at this link.
- Payment plans are available upon request.
- The fair share fee ($300), marching shoes/color guard uniform items (various cost) will be paid to the booster (Check to Davenport Band Boosters) and the instrument usage fee ($80) will be paid to the school (Davenport High School).
- Please make sure to have exact change if you plan on paying with cash.
Band Calendar for 2022-2023 School Year
Please make sure to leave these dates open for marching contest next Fall.
- October 1 - USBands Hill Country Regional
- October 8 - Comal Classic Marching Festival
- October 15 - UIL Region Marching Competition
- October 29 - UIL Area Marching Competition
- November 5 - USBands San Antonio Finale
- November 9 - UIL State Marching Contest
School Owned Instruments
Student Leadership Team Info
- SLT works Band Registration, 8 am - 4 pm
- Cleanup day (optional) June 6th, 10 am - noon
- Drum Major Camp, Saturday, July 23, 8 am - noon, Sunday, July 24, 8 am - noon, 1 pm - 5 pm, $150 payable to Davenport Band Boosters. Please bring your check or cash to the first day of Drum Major Camp.
- SLT Camp July 28th - 30th, 9 am - 4 pm, $75 payable to Davenport Band Boosters. Please bring your check or cash to the first day of our SLT Camp on July 28th.
Davenport Family in Need
UIL State Wind Ensemble Festival
Color Guard Camp, July 18-21, 9 am - 4pm
Percussion Camp, July 25-29, 9 am - 4pm
Student Leadership Team Camp, July 28-30
Summer Band begins for ALL August 1st, Mon-Fri, most days 8 am - 4 pm, DHS
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands