Weekly Updates for LCMS Staff
By Tami Gunset
* Remember grades are due and need to be submitted
* Monday, January 4 is a Teacher Workday ~ Staff was given six hours of in classroom work back in August, so ENJOY one more day of rest.
Please make sure lesson plans are enter into Forethough and your are ready to begin instruction on Tuesday, January 5.
Students that missed will need to make up their Final Exams and ALL INCOMPLETE must be enter in the gradebook for a grade change by Friday, January 8. Please make arrangements with the students to get these completed. There are several that have many exams to make up so we might have to pull from electives and labs to complete the exams. Be flexible and willing to work with these students. (remember it is typically not the student's fault that they missed but a parent decision).
21st Century Before and After School Programs
Below is a list of programs that we will offer this spring. We will also offer tutoring this semester. These tutoring sessions will be offered as teacher recommendation, so be thinking about the students that you will be placing on the tutoring list and begin making parent contact.
Robotics – Students will learn the principles and dynamics of robotic construction and how this exciting career field is growing.
Technology Club – Students will have the opportunity to utilize our X-box gaming systems and games. Additionally, students will be exposed to other technology resources.
Space Explorers – Students will have the opportunity to explore rocket science, space food and nutrition, Astrobiology, and new planet discussion and discovery.
Daybreak and Second Chance Homework Help – two opportunities to
complete homework or work on a school project
with a teacher’s help.
STEM – get ready for Science Fair! Students
will engage in different science, technology,
engineering and math projects.
Police Explorers – learn about current law
enforcement issues and explore the law enforcement career field – guest speakers will be on hand to give insight into law enforcement career fields.
Chess Club– opportunity to learn how to play Chess and fine tune your skills of the game.
- Leadership Live – community projects, mentoring, student council, learning about government – all great additions to your college transcripts and work applications.
Organizational Guidance – meet every other week to keep on track and stay organized – with your homework and backpack.
Pom/Drill Team Dance – a great opportunity to learn the dynamics and fundamentals of dance from a professional dance instructor.
Sunrise Leadership – make plans to join and listen to great speakers who will share motivating and uplifting personal stories, and a great way to start your Thursday.
Sports Clinics – Special clinics and open gym times will be offered throughout the semester. Watch for additional notification to come home with your student.
STAAR Tutorials – Notifications will be sent home with your student via special registration.
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Monday, January 4 - Teacher Workday/Student Holiday
- Tuesday, January 5 - 4th Six Weeks Begin
- Tuesday, January 5 - Happy Birthday Heather Riley!
- Tuesday, January 5 - Happy Birthday Teri Vestal
- Tuesday, January 5 - Happy Birthday Phillip Saffel
- Thursday, January 7 - LPAC Meeting
- Thursday, January 7 - ARD Meetings - AM Only
- Thursday, January 7 - SPED Progress Reports DUE
- Thursday, January 7 - Girls Basketball vs Hutch @ LCHS (6pm/7pm)
- Thursday, January 7 - Boys Basketball @ Hutch (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Friday, January 8 - Emergency Drill
- Monday, January 11 - Girls Basketball vs Mackenzie @ LCHS (6pm/7pm)
- Monday, January 11 - Boys Basketball @ Mackenzie (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Wednesday, January 13 - Happy Birthday Nate Jimenez
- Wednesday, January 13 - ARD Meetings - AM Only
- Thursday, January 14 - Science Fair set-up @ LC Fieldhouse - PM Only
- Friday, January 15 - District Wide Local Science Fair @ LC Fieldhouse - All Day