The Pulse On Patuxent Newsletter
Before and After School Extended Learning Program (Sep/OcT)
Parent support Council Members
Arts for Kids By Gabby
You need is:
- 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 6oz box of Jell-o
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 cup of boiling hot water
- 1 medium sized bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 Ziplock bag
Pour in the medium size bowl 3 cups of flour, 6oz packet of Jell-o, 1/2 cups of salt and mix dry ingredients with wooden spoon, then add 3 tbsps of cooking oil and 1 cup of boiling water and mix well.
if mixture is to loose use the 1/2 cup of flour sparingly to achieve the consistency you want.
The finished product should smell amazing and create hours of fun!!
To store: use a small ziplock bag making sure all air is removed from bag and seal
Things to do with the family
Samuel C. Johnson
Imax Theater National Museum of History
10th street and Constitution Hall, NW
Show times: 10:30/11:30/1:30/2:30/4:30
Tickets: Adults 9.00, Seniors Citizens 8.00, Youth 7.50
7 Keebler Graham crackers
2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 Cup 12oz package of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2/3 Cup light syrup
3 Tbsps butter
1/2 Cup of crunchy peanut butter
3 cups of rice Crispies
- Coat 13x9 inch microwave safe dish with cooking spray. Arrange graham crackers in single layer in dish breaking crackers as needed to fit. Sprinkle Marshmallows evenly over crackers.
- microwave on high for 1 minute or until marshmallows are puffy . Remove from Microwave and allow to cool completely.
- in 2- quart microwave safe mixing bowl combine chocolate morsel, corn syrup and butter. microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring every 30 second then stir in peanut butter. Add rice Krispies cereal and mix until combined.
- Spread evenly over marshmallows. cover and refrigerate about 7 hour or until firm. cut and store in airtight container and refrigerate.
Friday, Oct. 28th, 11:30am-6pm
4410 Bishopmill Drive
Upper Marlboro, MD
Purpose: This activity is based on our incentive program. Children will have the opportunity to develop skills in fair trade, management, finance and reward. Each child will obtain tickets for various reasons such as citizenship, being courteous to others and expressing good manner. They will be able to spend their tickets at the concession stands that we will have set up at the party.
Students can bring:
- Electronic device: 1 handheld electronic and 1 cartridge for the device clearly marked with child's name, ipad, etc. (please understand that the Baselp will take be responsibility for lost, stolen or broken item we will be happy to store their things in the After School office)
- Attire: Pajamas/lounging clothes, slippers/socks, teddy bear/doll/toy, sleeping bag/throw/small blanket. Please make sure your child has a pj top and pj bottom shorts, t-shirts and one piece pj with or without feet are acceptable. ( no gowns please)
Mrs. McQueen's Tid Bits
- Let's always encourage our children to be the best they can be!
- Never allow others to control what I do, what I think or what I say. I am in control of me.
- Respect others space, decisions and choices.
Need to Know
- Tuition Dates: (#5) 10/10/16 (#6) 10/24/16
- School closed: October 12, 2016 and October 21, 2016 and October 31, 2016
- Contact Information: 240-573-7045 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations: are always welcome. We need supplies for various activities such as cooking, science and arts & crafts projects. Water, Boxes of kleenex, Fruit snacks, lightly used games, paper products (clear plastic cups, paper plate and utensils)