Charles Ellis Montessori Academy, Week of March 20, 2023
"There should be music in the child's environment, just as there does exist in the child's environment spoken speech." -Dr. Maria Montessori
March 20- No School!
March 25- Family Engagement Discussion
March 29- Kindergarten Orientation
March 30- Science Night
March 31- Donation Dress Down Day
April 3-7- Spring Break- No School!
April 13- Spring Band/Chorus Concert
April 18- GMAS Assessments Begin (See SCCPSS Assessment calendar)
April 20- PTA Meeting
View the SCCPSS Academic calendar at this link.
View the SCCPSS Assessment calendar at this link.
Family Engagement Discussion- Join Us!
This month's discussion will focus on:
- Developing Independent Problem Solvers
- The Power of Questions...and Listening
- Technology Use
Coffee and childcare will be provided...please join us!
These funds will meet MANY needs throughout our school. We can't thank you enough for your help and support.
You can visit the Ellis Media Center Facebook page to see a photo album of the big event!
Field Day T-Shirts Available for Order
Field day t-shirts can now be ordered through School Cash Online. Please note: Coach Lesley will be choosing t-shirt colors for each classroom based on availability.
If you have not yet registered or added your student to your account on School Cash Online, click here for instructions on how to do so.
Coach Lesley will also accept cash or check (made payable to Ellis Montessori Academy), but you MUST provide student name, t-shirt size, and their teacher's name (see prices in the chart below).
Deadline to purchase is March 30th.
Questions? Contact Coach Lesley (email@example.com).
Free Books for First Year Students!
Thanks to a grant from Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) and International Paper, all 1st year students received three free books of their choosing to add to their home libraries on Friday, March 16th.
RIF.org has resources (activity sheets, book recommendations, etc.) for parents to help encourage your students to read. Visit the parent resource page of their website for more information.
Hooray for books! Happy reading, Bobcats!
If your child could benefit from school counseling support, Backpack Buddies, school supplies, or other resources, please let us know.
Ms. Rebecca, School Counselor, Primary & Lower Elementary
Mr. Wes, School Counselor, Upper Elementary & Erdkinder
Ms. Lauren, School Counseling Intern from Georgia Southern University
Grace & Courtesy Emphasis
Throughout the school year, Ellis has a school-wide focus on specific positive character traits. Each teacher may choose to highlight these "Grace & Courtesy" emphases differently, but as a school we follow a general common curriculum.
From March 13th-31st, our school-wide Grace & Courtesy emphasis is COMPASSION.
The language for identifying/naming Compassion in "The Self-Awakened Child" series by Jonathan Wolff:
- When I care about other people as I care about myself, I am feeling Compassion.
- When I see that other people are feeling hurt or sad and I do something to help them feel better, I am acting with Compassion.
Overdue Media Center Books
- Students may check out books for two weeks and renew them for another two weeks, if needed.
- If a student has lost a media center book, we ask that the student's family buys a replacement copy of the book OR pays to have the book replaced.
- Students cannot check out additional media center books until they pay/replace their lost book(s); however, we do provide either paperback/discarded/donated books that students may choose from so they always have access to reading material.
- If your student has lost/damaged a media center book, please contact Ms. Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss options for replacement.
Thank you for your help in maintaining our community's shared resources.
Beacon Volunteer Program
We are so happy to welcome volunteers back into the building this year.
However, all volunteers MUST be approved through the SCCPSS Beacon Volunteer Program.
If you are interested in being a volunteer at Ellis, visit the SCCPSS Beacon webpage to apply.
Ms. Tanya Melville
Student Information Specialist
Ms. Ja'Dayia Coleman-Kennedy
Information Specialist Clerk
Ms. Lucy Holloway
Ms. Patricia Solomon-Brown
Library Media Technology Specialist
PTA Teacher Liaison
Ms. Lisa O'Donnell