Discussions about learning in the cloud
Get to Know Piazza
Thursday, April 10th, 1-2pm
Various unit offices and online (via Adobe Connect)
Do you often find yourself challenged to build a community in an online classroom? Do ANGEL discussion boards and tools suck the creativity and life out of your engagement?
Save the date as we are joined by Julia Kregenow and Stephen Van Hook to talk about ways you can leverage Piazza in the classroom. They will discuss what Piazza is, how it differs from ANGEL, and strategies and best practices you can take back to your class to implement. If you are already using Piazza, you are welcome to come share your tips, too!
Hosted by the Eberly College of Science Office of Online Education and Statistics
- Adobe Connect Room: https://meeting.psu.edu/statistics/
- Call in Number (for Adobe Connect audio): 1-855-365-9963
Please invite all interested faculty and instructors to join in on the conversation!
- What is Piazza; how it works, how to get it working and in motion
- Best practices/valued strategies
- Available resources
- Experts, experiences, anecdotes, etc.
- Group discussion
What are eConversations?
Our vision is that a few times during the semester, online learning groups from across the university will host a topic of interest to faculty and instructors involved in teaching online. Our goal is to provide opportunities for participants to:
- Better understand the activity of teaching and learning online;
- Broaden and strengthen networks by expanding conversation across disciplines and campuses;
- Identify and confirm successful online strategies; and
- Discover and implement new ideas for online education!
Learn more: https://weblearning.psu.edu/econversations/