Live a good and healthy life
Smoking kill your lungs
Whats inside a cigarette?
Mercury-yes, the poisonous liquid found in thermometers
Nicotine-a chemical that becomes highly addictive and will eventually damage the body
Lead-the highly toxic metal that will cause fatal damage to the brain and other vital organs
Carbon Monoxide-yes, the fatal, odorless gas from car exhaust
Tar-the sticky, highly viscous black substance used for blacktop
- 5000 kids age 11-17 try their first cigarette every day
- 1200 people die each day from smoking
- 1/4 students finish their first cigarette before age 13
- ads lure 1/3 of kids into trying tobacco related products
- there has been an increase of 300% over the last 20 years in use of spit among kids
- 3/14 tobacco smokers who want to quit fail
How to quit
- Mental toughness and willpower is key to quitting. If you believe in yourself that you can do it, then you can!
- Persevere: try, try, and try again! You may not be able to quit on your first try, but you will eventually if you never give up.
- You don't have to do it alone! Find some help-you can get a counselor or talk to a physician, family member, or friend for advice.