LNC Counseling Corner
GRADE LEVEL UPDATES
- All students will have been seen by their counselor at the end of March
Juniors - You should be registering to take an SAT/ACT this Spring. Please register on collegeboard.org. They also have practice tests on their website.
Sophomores - Khan Academy has a free test prep that you can connect with your collegeboard account and they will make an individualized plan for you based on your scores to help you improve.
Freshman Admissions Requirements - UNC System Schools
LNC Course Registration- Students will be registering for next year's courses starting March 27th and will close on April 9th. We encourage students to discuss course load with individual teachers as well as consider all aspects of their daily school/community activities when making their course selection.
Please remember that course selection will be based on grades and grades alone for this upcoming year. There will not be any teacher recommendations or overrides.
CPCC- If you are interested in taking CPCC classes next y ear within your LNC school day, you must complete all components of the enrollment process and the hs approval form before you will receive an email in your CPCC email giving you your registration date.
HS Approval form is due by April 3rd.
YOU CANNOT register until you have received that email giving you a specific date.
The counseling department will not have individual meetings for course registration, however, please feel free to email any questions/concerns that you may have.
What should Seniors be working on NOW?
- HIghly encourage students to apply for scholarships (it is found under their Class of group, resources, hs counseling, and then scholarships)
- Enter your scholarships here so we can get verify for senior awards night.
- Making your college decision- For some of you there are many things that you need to consider, please take advantage of all opportunities to make the best choice for you (ex. college days on your respective campus)
- Naviance - you must check the school you will be attending. Due by May 1st, however if you know now you may mark now. Also, please make sure you have checked your other schools that you were accepted too, denied, etc...
- If you have committed to a school at this point, please make sure you are checking your portals for any updated information, financial aid information, housing info, admitted freshman days, and registration info.
Naviance Tasks- Suggested to complete by end of 2019/2020 school year
10th Grade Tasks-
11th Grade Tasks -
If you have academic, college, social/emotional questions you want to ask us please use the link below. We will ask those questions and give the answers on our next newsletters.
Answers to your Parent/Student Questions
You can reset your password from the main page: www.student.naviance.com/lnchs
If you have trouble, please contact your student's counselor for assistance.
I'd like to better understand my student's options for math classes since she has completed her LNC requirements. Can she take any math she wants at CPCC?
If a student has completed all of her math requirements for LNC graduation purposes, yes they may take math at CPCC. However, there will be specific scores/pre-requisite that you student will need to have before CPCC allows them to take the higher math courses.
For more info on math requirement, it is located under resources, hscounseling, and CPCC Math link. If you have more questions, please contact your student's counselor. Thank you for those questions.