By: Anirudh Vadduri
- Potato Famine in 1840
- Denied Education
- Denied Political Representation by the British
- Religious Prosecution
- Grain and livestock being transported to the British
- Cheap Land
- Natural Resources
- Free from British reign
- Could practice their religion freely
- Variety foods and especially unique drinks
- Influences literature - poetry and written works
Is Immigration to Texas Good
- More variety of food and culture brings people together - St. Patrick's Day
- Relationships with countries around the world - Trading
- Different ideas create more jobs and opportunities
- More ways do things
- Ireland. IMAGE. Encyclopædia Britannica. Web. 3 Feb. 2016. <http://media1.school.eb.com/eb-media/33/1733-004-B63DC77A.gif>.
- Ireland: resettlement of Irish lands by the English. IMAGE. Encyclopædia Britannica. Web. 3 Feb. 2016. <http://media1.school.eb.com/eb-media/38/1738-004-E8A41FEA.gif>.
- Patrick. IMAGE. Encyclopædia Britannica. Web. 3 Feb. 2016. <http://media1.school.eb.com/eb-media/60/132460-050-E213BDAA.jpg>.
- Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 03 Feb. 2016. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Swift>.
- "Texas Almanac - The Source For All Things Texan Since 1857." Irish Texans. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Feb. 2016. <http://texasalmanac.com/topics/culture/irish/irish-texans>.
- Az81964444. Hugh O'Conor. Digital image. Wikipedia. Wikipedia, 9 May 2010. Web. 3 Feb. 2016. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Ocon%C3%B3r#/media/File:Hugo_O%27Conor.jpg>.
- Phillip L. Fry, "IRISH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/pii01), accessed February 03, 2016. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
- "Irish clover". Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Irish_clover.jpg#/media/File:Irish_clover.jpg