Glen Rock BOE Meeting Highlights
May 9th 2022
The Board of Education recognized Class of 2022 Valedictorian, Maika Bertram.
The Board of Education recognized Maika Bertram and Alexa Levine for their contributions to the district Audio/Visual Program.
The Board of Education recognized Mr. Michael Valentino, MS Science Teacher for being the Recipient of New Jersey Center for Teaching and Learning and the Sathya Educare Foundation Scholarship.
The Board of Education recognized Ms. Jessica Marrotte, MS Science Teacher and Ms. Samantha Sommers, Elementary Teacher for their selection to serve on the New Jersey Student Learning Assessment-Science (NJSLA-S) Alignment Study Committee.
The Board of Education read the following policies for 1st reading
New Educator Academy
The Board of Education presented the New Educator Academy led by the following:
- Mr. Greg Van Nest, Assistant Superintendent
- Mr. Carl Blanchard, Supervisor, K-12 Science
- Mr. Paul Cusack, Supervisor, K-12 Instruction and Educational Technology/Media Center
- Ms. Jennifer Burke
- Ms. Deborah Cella
- Ms. Kristin Gomez
- Ms. Jessica Marrotte
- Ms. Marion Rausch
The Board of Education also thanked and recognized the following additional teacher leaders that are part of the New Educator Academy.
- Amanda Carullo
- Laura Callegari
- Laura Ciabattoni
- Nicole Hirsch
- Shlomit Haziza
- Cathleen Mitchell
- Megan Nordman
- Lauren Slattery
- Michael Valentino
Please click on the .pdf below the view the presentation.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
- Middle School Team Leader Job Description
- Middle School/High School Summer Reading Committee
- New Jersey Health Standards
- Gifted and Talented Program Update
- Starting a 3-5 Autism Program
- Starting High School Field Hockey and Boy's Volleyball Athletic Programs
- District-wide lead in drinking water results
- Radon testing results - select schools
- District fertilizer and weed control program
- Coleman School - window/door replacement project
- Hamilton School - new addition project with an anticipated Bid Opening Date of 6/22/22
Next Glen Rock Board of Education Meeting - Regular Meeting
School Cafeteria @ Glen Rock HS/MS
Please note that this meeting will be in person for the BOE.
Regular meeting starts at 7:30 pm. Please note that masks are optional for attendees. Please note that BOE meetings will be livestreamed starting with the June 13th, 2022 Board of Education meeting.