KEEPING YOU CONNECTED...
We hope your family is having a wonderful summer!
In Galena Park ISD, our students are extremely important to us, and so are you. Therefore, we want to share a few reminders to keep you connected.
Thank you for staying connected!
FREE SUMMER MEALS FOR CHILDREN
In addition to the Free Summer Meals for Children program offered at eight GPISD campuses, No Kid Hungry is providing a helpful texting tool for families who are in need.
If you have a school-aged student, in need of breakfast and lunch this summer, simply text "FOOD" to 877-877 to find free summer meals sites near you.
STAAR Testing Scores
We are excited to share our 2019 End of Year GPS focusing on all of the successes during the 2018-2019 school year!
STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
JUNE BOARD MEETING RECOGNITIONS
- Tyree Horn and Anissa Lewis of Houston Methodist, DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center for their outstanding leadership and commitment to the promotion, and continuous improvement of GPISD's Career and Technical Education (CTE) program
- Diana Pesina for being an outstanding parent volunteer at Tice Elementary School.
- The NSSHS Calculator Applications Teams were recognized for being named the State Champions at the 2019 UIL State Academic Meet.
- Jasmine Montemayor, 2019 Galena Park High School graduate, competed at the State UIL tournament in the Poetry Division. She is the first student in the history of GPHS to attend State UIL for Poetry.
- GPISD 7th grade students who received recognition in the Duke Talent Identification Program (TIP).
- Fireworks can result in severe burns, blindness, scars, and even death.
- Fireworks that are often thought to be safe, such as sparklers, can reach temperatures above 1000 degrees Fahrenheit, and can burn users and bystanders.
- Families are encouraged to attend community fireworks displays run by professionals rather than using fireworks at home.
Galena Park ISD Immunization Day
Saturday, Aug. 17th, 9am-12pm
353 Castlegory Road
Give your children their best shot at a healthy start!
Galena Park ISD will host the Annual District Immunization Day!
Join us for FREE immunization, preventative health information and activities for children.
For more information, please call the Galena Park ISD Department of Education Support at 832-386-1033