FG Media Update 2019-2020
Welcome Back to School Edition ~ August/September
Happy Back to School
Please email, call, or drop by if you need anything. The media staff; Penny Sappington, media assistant, Karen Goodyear, media tech, and I are always happy to help. Sue Tobin, Digital Learning Coach, has her office in the Media Center and is a fantastic resource. If we can't help we probably know who to contact.I look forward to seeing your students in media every week.
We will be doing lots of fun activities and programs. See "What's Going On in the Media Center" for more information.
I have attached some resources that are available and general information about the media center.
Happy School Year!
Hot Topics From the District
Internet Safety Lessons
- I will be conducting Internet Safety lessons the third week of September. In the past classroom teachers have instructed the lessons but I am happy to do it.
- A Teacher Verification Document will be placed in your box after the lessons are complete. (K-5)
- Return completed document to Mrs. Condon in a timely manner (deadline September 23).
- Media Technology Advisory Committee
- Meets two times per year to discuss media and technology needs
- Each grade, EC, and Enrichment may have a representative.
- Please take special care with the Chromebooks and IPads. If there are damages please notify Mrs. Goodyear or me so that a tech ticket along with the damaged device may be repaired. In order to be on the Internet and use devices students must have a current
- Acceptable Use Policy Form on file.
- Just a reminder DCS has a ChromeBook classroom management system, Crostini. If you need information email me.
- Student login information is sent in a Excel document on Mondays.
- Lists are updated as new students enroll.
- Lists contain sensitive information and should be be handled with confidentiality.
- Students should use their login information and not login as guests.
Teacher Web Sites
- Teachers are not required to have web sites this year but please update your directory information. To add yourself to the FG Staff Directory you will need to request access.
- See button below for instructions.