Welcome to 2nd grade!
A little about Mrs. E
I am very excited to be your teacher this year! This will be my 11th year teaching 2nd grade. I live in Andover with my husband and two children named Jonah and Maggie. My husband works for Burlington Northern Railroad. My son Jonah will be a third grader this year and loves paying sports. My daughter Maggie is 4 years old and loves dancing and singing. We have a dog named Ruby who I am sure you will hear about a lot. I enjoy reading, exercising, watching my son play hockey and baseball, hanging out with my family, and teaching kids. I look forward to working with you and your child!
Beginning of the year...
* Your child will receive an E.A.G.L.E. folder on the first day of school. Please bring it back every day. In the folder is a planner, important information, and your child's work.
* The Wednesday folder (that you received at Open House) needs to be brought back every Wednesday so it can be filled with important school information.
* Please send a healthy snack to school with your child for snack time (yogurt, fruit, crackers). Also, a letter came home from the principal asking for no treats if you choose to send something for your child's birthday. Some suggestions are school materials, small prizes, or a t-shirt that the kids can sign.
* Each week a new "Star" will be chosen. Information will come home when your child has been selected. When your child is chosen to be "Star of the Week", he or she will have the opportunity to be a role model and helper for the week. He or she can fill out the "Star of the Week" sheet to bring back to school. Each day the "Star" will get to do something special.
Monday: Special treat from me and share poster
Tuesday: Bring a favorite book to read
Wednesday: Eat lunch with a family member. It can be any day of the week.
Thursday: Wear the "Star of the Week" hat
Friday: Receive a compliment poster from the class
* The following newsletters will be sent through Seesaw. Seesaw is an app where I can share information such as the newsletter and you can see your child's learning in the classroom. I sent you an e-mail to set up the Seesaw account.