September 19, 2021
Here is everything you need to know about the Franklin Central Bands program right now.
Recording of Parent Meeting, 9/16
If you have questions, contact Erin Thompson, Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fall Band Concert is next week. Below are the dates and times for rehearsals and concerts.
Rehearsal- Monday, September 27th
- Concert Band- 2:15-3
- Symphonic Band 3-3:45
Wind Symphony 3:45-4:30
Wind Ensemble 4:30-5:15
Band Concert- Tuesday, September 28th
- All audience members must wear a mask
- 6:30pm - Concert for Jazz Ensemble 1, Concert Band, and Wind Ensemble
- 8pm - Concert for Jazz Ensemble 2, Symphonic Band, and Wind Symphony
Students must dress for the concert according to the guidelines listed in the handbook on page 15 . Please read the requirements for your student’s group and make sure your student has everything needed.
Volunteer Sign Ups
The Event Volunteer Sign Ups are LIVE! Click the link below to sign up for the 5 slot commitment.
Volunteering - Franklin Central High School Bands
On Saturday, September 18th, the FC Marching Flashes earned at 6th place finish at the BOA Dayton Southwest Ohio Regional competition with a score of 67.35. Thank you to EVERYONE who contributed to making this long, hot day a total success for our students. Franklin Central was well represented by our students and parent volunteers to everyone we met on that day. Thank you and congratulations to props, transportation, uniforms, spirit, food, chaperones, busses, fans who travelled, directors, and staff for making this an unforgettable day!
Travis, Marching Band Liaison
Homecoming Parade, Thursday, September 23
If you are attending the parade, it is suggested that you find a parking spot by 5pm at the grassy field to the East of the Wanamaker Early Learning Center on McGaughey Road. (See the full week schedule below)
Homecoming Week Practice Schedule
Make sure to sync the calendar to your phone so you always have the most up-to-date info!
This week's schedule is different than usual. Please read carefully.
Monday - GUARD 6-9
The guard will be staying after school to be “show ready” for button pictures at 4:30pm. Pictures will be taken at the Annex. The normal slick back and weave is required, but pinning is not needed. Students must be back in practice gear and ready for rehearsal by 5:45pm.
TUESDAY – ALL BAND 5:30-8:30pm - Winds, Percussion, Guard (8th grade will be viewing 8pm – 8:30pm) This practice is open to all parents, please come to cheer on the band!
WEDNESDAY – WINDS – 2:30pm – 4:30pm
THURSDAY – Winds/Percussion/Guard - Rehearsal 2:30-4:45, load busses at 5:10pm to Homecoming Parade (Starting at the Wanamaker Early Learning Center). Parade at 6pm. Dismissed from High School at 6:45pm.
NOTE! PIT will setup for rehearsal 4:45pm-5pm. Load busses at 5:10pm. PIT will march and toss candy in the parade. PIT will rehearse 6:45pm – 8:30pm. **This needs to be an exceptionally focused rehearsal**
2:30pm – 4:30pm - ALL BAND and Eighth Graders Rehearsal
5:15pm – Pregame Meal (Drop off food donations annex by 5pm)
6:30pm – March to the Stadium
6:40pm – Perform “I Am The Storm” prior to Pregame.
6:50pm – Perform at the Pregame with Eighth Graders.
7:00pm – Game Time and Eighth Graders Released at Gate 4.
The Band Boosters will be serving students spaghetti before the game. Students will drink from their water jugs and drinks will be provided to the eighth graders. This meal is only for students. Food Donations can be dropped off between 4:30pm to 5pm at the East side of the Annex. Parents may also drop off food for their student at 5:15pm.
A few more donations are needed: Donate Here
Friday Night Lights!
- September 24th - (Homecoming) Noblesville *PERFORM PREGAME (6:40p) THIS NIGHT*
- October 15th (Senior Night) - Westfield
- October 29th (Tentative)
Avon Orthodontics Invitational - September 25
The band will perform I Am The Storm at 8:45pm at the Avon Invitational on Saturday, September 25th. Thankfully, the weather forecast is predicting much mild temperatures next weekend!
• Eat a big Breakfast, practice starts at 10am
• Pack a sack lunch, lunch break is at 1pm
• Dinner time is 3:35pm (guard must pack dinner)
• Busses load at 5:25pm, parents should be at the school at 5:15pm to send off the students
with cheers and strong encouragement!
• Ticket prices: $8 Adults and $5 Students/Seniors. Tickets can be purchased at the gate or
• PLEASE READ THE FULL ITINERARY!
We still need a few chaperones as well. SIGN UP NOW!
- September 25th – Avon H.S.
- October 2nd – Noblesville H.S.
- October 16th – ISSMA Regional
- October 22nd – Bands of America, Indianapolis Super Regional, Lucas Oil Stadium (get tickets)
- October 30th – ISSMA Semi-State
- November 6th – State Finals, Lucas Oil Stadium
The Spirit Committee is excited to present Bandcoming 2021 to our Marching Band and Guard students! Since our students will be marching at Avon during the traditional Homecoming dance at the High School, we are hosting our own dance at P&D Flower Farm on Sunday, September 26 from 5:30-8:00pm. We will be selling tickets for $10 each at the beginning of rehearsals each night this week and next.
- Students should feel comfortable wearing whatever they would like - if they want to dress up like they would at Homecoming, great! If they want to wear jeans, totally fine too! The dance area is grass, so girls should refrain from wearing heels.
- Parking on the property is somewhat limited. We should be able to accomodate the majority of our student drivers, but will encourage carpooling whenever possible. We will manage a parking pass system near the time of the dance. There will also be locations for parents to drop-off students who cannot drive as well.
- Chaperones will be needed. However, we will be very limited in the number of chaperones we can have (and keep an appropriate safety ratio), due to capacity restrictions. We will send out a SignUpGenius requesting volunteers.
- We will be looking for snack and dessert food donations. We will also be sending out a SignUpGenius to collect donations for food.
We are hoping to make this a very special experience for all of our band students! More information will continue to get posted. If you have any questions, please contact Casey Matczak or Christy Smith.
Senior Night Info Form
Marching Band Seniors, we need your response to the Senior Survey IMMEDIATELY! This information will be included in the Senior Night Program on October 15th. If you have not already done so, please complete this simple questionnaire and please be creative in thanking your parents!
Chaperone Sign Ups
If you are interested in chaperoning for the marching band during competition season, this is your opportunity to volunteer. You’ll be riding on the bus with student to and from the competitions.
• This does not include free admission to the competition.
• You may be asked to push a prop or equipment onto the field if help is needed.
• Masks are required when riding on the bus.
It is time to celebrate the season with SPIRIT BUTTONS! We are currently offering two button options. The first option is a personalized button with your student and the second option is of the current show theme. Each button is $3 or you can purchase two for $5. Purchase a button for the entire family and save one for the memory book!
Each student will receive 1 personalized button (included in band fees).
The guard will be staying after school tomorrow to be “show ready” for button pictures at 4:30pm. Pictures will be taken at the Annex. The normal slick back and weave is required, but pinning is not needed. Students must be back in practice gear and ready for rehearsal by 5:45pm.
When: Monday, September 20th at 4:30pm
Click here to order now!
SAVE THE DATE! FALL BAND CAMP 10/11 - 10/15
Get Text Reminders from FCMB
Get the latest updates about the Marching Flashes on your phone! This will be most helpful when we release students after football games, to let you know when we're returning from a competition, for special announcements, and for the Weekly Cadence! Stay connected and informed.
From your phone, click this link: https://bit.ly/3flAqQK
Text the message @fcbands-mb to the number 81010.
Do you own a business or have an employer that would be interested in donating towards a Band Booster sponsorship? For every sponsor you are able to secure, you will receive 10% of the donation to your student’s band account. Franklin Central Band Boosters is a 503(c)(3) tax exempt organization. Your donation is tax deductible.
For more information about sponsoring the band, Click Here.
The Marching Flashes are going to Florida!
The Marching Flashes are taking a trip to Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando March 20-25, 2022! We've set up a page dedicated to the trip, so be sure to check regularly for updates. Click here now to get all the details, including the presentation from Music Travel Consultants.