Anacapa Middle School, March 23, 2020
Anacapa Loaner Device Distribution Updates
Dear Anacapa Families,
I hope all is well with you and your family during this difficult time. We are working diligently to move students towards distance learning which will require all of our students to have a technological device. If your Anacapa student does not have access to a working device such as a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or an iPad, and is in need of one, there will be a drive-through and pick up service for a loaner device at Anacapa Middle School between 2 pm - 6 pm.
Distribution by Grade Level:
- Tuesday, March 24th- 8th graders
- Wednesday, March 25th- 7th graders
- Thursday, March 26th- 6th graders
At the moment, we will be providing one device per family, due to the limited supply of devices ready for deployment.
The drive-thru distribution of loaner devices for families that need one will begin in our main parking lot at the corner of Mills and Telegraph Road. For those that will walkthrough, please follow all signage and social distancing protocols. We appreciate your patience as we work through the process of distributing devices, please follow all signage and staff directions so we can maintain safe social distancing for everyone, and get through the process as quickly as possible.
For those with a completed Annual Loan Agreement, please bring it with you. If you do not have one, a form will be provided on-site. Lastly, please come by to get a loaner device even if you do not currently have internet or wifi service. Below is information regarding district options for Wifi.
We appreciate your patience during this difficult time. If you are nervous about your role in distance learning, please know that we will all be flexible and will learn together. I will be writing with more school-specific information soon. In the meantime, please be safe and let’s level the curve.
Peace be with you,
We ask that families attend the appropriate time to pick up for loaner devices.
Please adhere to the following when picking up:
- A parent/guardian must accompany the student
- If the student is unavailable for pick up the parent/guardian may pick up with student ID
- Students should bring student ID for rapid checkout
- Print and sign device agreement attached- if you are not able to print and sign at home, copies will be available to sign device agreement. A parent/guardian must sign the device agreement.
- We are only able to distribute devices to AMS students at this time; if you have another child in a lower grade, your pick up time for that child will be on another day. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please click here to read and print the contract. If you do not have access to print the form it will be provided on-site the day of the scheduled pick-up.