The Solar System
- A ball of hot, glowing gases called Plasma
- A star
- larger and brighter than other stars because it is closer to Earth
- 109 times as wide as Earth (wider than the length of 15 million football fields!)
- Large enough to hold one million Earths inside!
- Temperature on surface is 5,500 degrees celcius
- Releases energy to Earth (Sunlight)
What are the planets?
Solar- A group of planets that revolve around the Sun
Plasma- Gases that cause the Sun to be hot and glow
Planet- An object that orbits a star
Inner Planet- Planters closest to the Sun