Attended Hickman High School in Columbia, MO . After she graduated near the top of her class at Hickman she stayed in columbia and attended the University of Missouri getting her undergraduate and law degree.
She served in the Missouri House of Representatives from 1983-1988 where she was the leader of criminal justice issues.
In 1922 Claire became the first woman elected Jackson County prosecutor.
In 1999 she was elected as the Missouri State Auditor.
2004 she took her own party and ran for governor, becoming the first Missourian in history to defeat a sitting governor in a primary.
Pros and Cons of the Keystone Pipeline
- Expands the nations energy infrastructure.
- Attracted a lot of attention.
- Provides Jobs.
- It's going to bring some of the dirtiest stuff on Earth across the United States.
- Cut Jobs.
- Promotes Pollution
Pros and Cons of a minimum wage
- Helps the poor.
- provides more livable payment for low class jobs.
- Cuts Jobs.
- Raise prices.
- Drives small business out of business.
Supports a ban on partial birth abortion.
Voted no on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion.