BES WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Happy "Be Humble" Day! (Feb 22--It's a real thing--I looked it up!)
Humbleness is a good thing, a virtue. People much prefer a humble person to a braggart. Practice humbleness today, and every day. It will serve you well in life.
IMPORTANT EXCEPTION: While you can’t brag about yourself today, it is very appropriate to brag about your kids today, or any day!
Please remember to speak to our students and each other with kindness. One kind word can change someone's entire day. We want BES to be our student's safe place. So, if students are not following the rules or being disrespectful, certainly we want to correct that behavior. Just remember that the behavior can be corrected without using a harsh or unkind tone.
Not that we are counting, but there are 2 weeks until Spring Break!
- It feels like spring outside which sometimes leads to frustrating behavior inside. Be sure to review your expectations with students.
- Make sure you are planning together as a team to keep everyone on the same page. PLCs are reserved for specific things to help move students forward; your planning meetings are for grade level specific items.
- There are Positive Office Referrals in the front office if you need some. This is an easy way to encourage students to have GREAT behavior! Students will receive a Smencil and a call home to parents when they come with the blue sheets.
- Please remember to contact Mr. Beasley and/or Mrs. McCarter (by phone call, email, or text) when you are going to be absent. Even if you put it in AESOP, we need to know who will not be at school.
- If you are absent or have to leave early, please cover your after school duty--especially if you are out front with car riders.
Dates to Remember:
- 2/22-2/23 Mock STAAR (3rd Grade) Enrichment change for Kindergarten.
- 2/25 Deadline for Spring Boxtop collection
- 2/26 Teacher luncheon--PTA
- 2/29 School Mall Fundraiser
- 2/29-3/4 CBA testing
- 3/1 2nd Grade Texas Program--6:00
- 3/4 Morning Assembly in the GYM
- 3/4 Letters of Intent Due
- 3/7-11 SPRING BREAK
- 3/14 Staff Development
- 3/16 Baby Shower for Callie Meyer--more info to come
- 3/17 Report Cards go home
- 3/17 PTA Meeting
- 4/25-29 Book Fair
- 5/20 3rd Grade Field Trip
- 6/1 Bear Games