By: Alyssa Schook
A futuristic, imagined universe in which oppressive societal control and the illusion of a perfect society are maintained through corporate, bureaucratic, technological, moral, or totalitarian control. Dystopias, through an exaggerated worst-case scenario, make a criticism about a current trend, societal norm, or political system.
- Propaganda is used to control the citizens of society.
- Citizens live in a dehumanized state.
- Citizens have fear of the outside world.
- Corporate Control: One or more large corporations control society through products, advertising, and/or the media.
- Bureaucratic Control: Society is controlled by a mindless bureaucracy thtough a tangle of red tape, relentless