Kilgore Intermediate School, Week of January 18-22
Monday, January 18th
Tuesday, January 19th
Staff Development Day
Thursday, January 21st
PLC Planning Day
8:15 5th Grade Math
- Finish Geometry and Measurement (perimeter, area, and volume)
9:15 5th Grade ELAR/SS
- Discuss Reading Strategies
- Finish Civil War and Reconstruction
10:15 5th Grade Science
- Sedimentary Rock and Soil
12:15 4th Grade ELAR/SS
- Discuss Writing Strategies
- Revising and Editing
- Expository Writing
1:15 4th Grade Math/Science
- Input/Output Tables
- Phases of the Moon
High Yield Instructional Strategies of the Week
1. Students write 3 big ideas or facts/details they learned. (What did it say?)
2. Students write 2 examples, applications, or inferences about what they learned. (What did it mean?)
3. Students write 1 question or draw 1 conclusion about what they learned. (What does it mean?)
Note: 3-2-1 Summaries may be used as exit tickets at the end of class, or they may be implemented with “Musical Mix-Freeze-Group” to allow students to share and refine summaries with peers.
Thinking (Process TEKS Rigor):
· Draw Conclusions
1. Play music while students “mix” around the room.
2. Stop music and say, “Freeze!” Students will freeze wherever they are in the room.
3. Say, “Group!” Ask students to turn to the person closest to them to form a partnership.
4. Teacher conducts a “mini-teach” piece and presents a question for practice or reflection associated with the content.
5. Students work with their partner to answer the question.
6. Teacher clarifies/verifies.
Note: This strategy could be used to scaffold learning for 3-4 homework questions to ensure students are provided an opportunity to “practice without penalty.”
Thinking (Process TEKS Rigor): Thinking will vary depending on the task or question that is assigned.
What can I do for you?
Christy McElyea, KIS Instructional Specialist
I believe in you.
I believe in our students.
I believe in KIS.
KISD...where every student counts!