Understanding It and Coping Strategies
Definition of stress
a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.
Stress from academic overload
- Create a plan for your day, but plan to be flexible and allow for change.
- Have motivations to finish your work earlier than right before something is due.
- Take breaks when doing a project to break up the load.
Quick tips: For managing academic stress
2. Aim to control what you can control
3. Anticipate stressful events and plan ahead
4. Change your "mind set" or attitude
5. Change your behavior-promote your health
6. Change your situation-change your study habits
7. Learn relaxation techniques
For more information:
Academic Success Center, Oregon State University