November 18, 2013 - Austin Elementary
The week of November 18th
- Monday- P.E day- wear tennis shoes
- Tuesday-LIbrary, Return Your Books!
- Wednesday- Wear a College Shirt! (P.E Day- wear tennis shoes!)
- Thursday- k-2 Thanksgiving Feast
- Friday- , eTime and Runner's Club!
Here is what we are learning:
Sight Word: she, for
Word Family: -et
Beginning Sounds and Middle Vowel Sounds
Math: Patterns, Numbers in the teens
What should my student be doing over the break?
- Read everyday! Read to someone, read to them, read together
- Color! Have fun, grab a coloring book, draw, whatever to make it fun and work on those fine motor skills that will help them with their writing!
- Write! Make a grocery list, make a schedule, write a letter to a family member, start a journal, anything and anytime they can, let them write
- Count! How many people around the table, how many cookies you made, etc, etc.
- Relax! Kindergarten has been a big adjustment and we have been working hard. They need time to relax, play and spend time just being a kid with their family!
November 25th-29th: NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving BreakDecember 3rd-6th: CoGAT testing
Friday, November 22nd is the Coppell ISD annual Turkey Drive. All the schools in the district have a competition to see who can collect the most turkeys for the food pantry. If possible, we hope that each family can bring one frozen turkey to donate. (Turkeys do need to still be frozen and we can not collect turkeys before the 22nd).
THANKS FOR HELPING US HELP OUR COMMUNITY!