Ms. Fortenberry's 4th Grade Class
September 1-5, 2014
This Week in Class...
- In Science we will be learning safety procedures with out goggles and gloves.
- In Social Studies we will be learning about the Aztecs.
- In Reading and Writing we will be learning about sequencing and summarizing events.
- In Math we will be learning about how to represent data in whole numbers and fractions.
I look forward to practicing each of these skills and learning about each of these subjects with you! We will have lots of fun!
Upcoming Events- Mark your calendars
- 9/4- Open House; If you can, please stop by to say hi. I would love to meet the parents of each of my students! More information will be sent home in Tuesday folders
- 9/9- Spelling Bee; The top spellers from each grade will be competing for the title of Top Speller at Jones Elementary.
- 9/11- Cinderella; The 5th graders are putting on a school play of Cinderella. Bring your popcorn and come enjoy! More information to follow.
- 9/15-9/19- Canned food drive; Bring canned food to send to the local food bank and help out those in need.
- 9/17- Field trip to the Natural Science Museum; We will be taking a field trip to the Natural Science Museum to look at fossils. More information to follow.
- 9/30- PTO Meeting; Come to the PTO meeting to help decide what Jones Elementary will be doing to celebrate the winter holidays in the community. More information to follow.
Notes from the teacher
This week I would like to encourage you to make sure your student is reading every night at home. When it comes to moving up in AR levels, nothing is better than practice, practice, practice! With the spelling bee coming up, if you would like your student to participate, I suggest looking up the spelling bee words posted on the school website, and practicing calling them out and having your student spell them out loud to you. This will be great practice for the spelling bee. When you are doing your weekly grocery shopping, be on a lookout for canned goods. Jones is doing a canned food drive the week of 9/15, so go ahead and start stocking up! As always, please email or call me if you have any questions or concerns about your student.