Mrs. Schwartz's Class News
A Simple Story of our Week: November 9-13
What we did this week...
Letters of the Week: During the week, students learned and discussed the shapes and sounds of the letters S and T.
Sight Words: Students learned three new sight words this week; we, my, like. Throughout the week, we practiced using these sight words in oral sentences, as well as written sentences in our journals and various worksheets.
Mathematics: Students examined numbers 16-20 this week as we extended our double ten frame to be completely filled. We concentrated heavily on how to build these numbers as we challenged ourselves with a double ten frame game on the whiteboard!
Social Studies: This week, students helped to weigh and organize our candy collected through Treats for Troops. As a school, we collected a total of 381 pounds of candy! Students then learned about veterans as we discussed Veterans' Day and its importance as a holiday. We then wrote special 'Thank You' notes and sent them along with our candy.
4th Grade's Patriotic Fair
- Homework will be given out every Tuesday and Thursday. Each homework assignment should take no longer than 10-15 minutes to complete. I like to remind students that homework is their responsibility.
- Please remember to send back your child's guided reading book and reading log in their zip log bag every Friday!
Student of the Week: Luke
Important dates to remember
- Tuesday, November 17th: PLP Suggestions due back to teacher
- Friday, November 20th: Thanksgiving Feast at 12:00 (if you haven't yet, please sign up to bring in a special dish for our Thanksgiving Feast)
- Tuesday, November 24th: 4th Grade Spirit Day, Pajama Day!
- November 25th-November 27th: NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
Our special schedule
- Monday: Music
- Tuesday: Gym
- Wednesday: I-Ready, Spanish, Gym, Technology
- Thursday: Music
- Friday: Art, Technology
Just some selfies on a fun Friday morning...
Have a fantastic weekend!
Mrs. Marissa Schwartz
Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School