H-E-B Community Internship Program
Paid Internships for Summer 2014
The Emergency Shelter – the program in which the requested H-E-B Community Intern will serve – helps children who need immediate protection, typically after being removed from their homes by court order due to life-threatening abuse or neglect.
The Child Hunger Outreach Intern will be responsible for conducting a qualitative survey of Austin metropolitan area Summer Meals sites.
The intern will have the opportunity to meet people who are working every day in the fields of social work, family protective services, behavioral health and substance abuse prevention.
The intern will work closely with the Executive Director, Program & Coalition Manager and other Texans Standing Tall staff to assist with the facilitation activities focused on strategies to prevent youth alcohol, tobacco & other drug use statewide.
This internship has several projects planned, including the development of 2014-2015 marketing kits, creating an archive system for photos and stories, to build the archive through interviews & photo sessions, & social media.
- Students interested in this internship MUST apply by Friday, March 28th.
- You will be required to upload a copy of your resume and cover letter.
- Please address cover letters to: H-E-B Community Internship Program Search Committee
- You are only allowed to apply for ONE internship
- Only online applications will be accepted
- Applications are due Friday, March 28, 2014 at 11:55 pm
- Students may NOT contact the nonprofit agencies directly unless directed by the Employer Relations Manager or Internship Coordinator.
- Students MUST commit to presenting on their internship experience in August at a professional breakfast hosted by Career Services. Organization supervisors, faculty, SEU administrators and Career Services will be present.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Full descriptions of each internships will be listed above and posted on Hilltop Careers. Applicants may only apply for one internship.
- The Career Services Office will manage the initial application process and will be the only point of contact for these internships. Students are NOT permitted to contact these nonprofits directly.
- An online application with a resume and cover letter are required. Only online applications will be accepted.
- Please address cover letters to the H-E-B Community Internship Program Search Committee
- The salaries of these internships are funded by the H-E-B Grocery Company. The internships are NOT with H-E-B, but with each of the nonprofits listed above.
- Students will receive APPROXIMATELY $10 per hour for about 100 hours of work during the Summer 2014 semester. Students may intern more hours to meet for-credit internship requirements.
- Only currently St. Edward’s University undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply. Alumni and May 2014 graduates are not eligible to apply.
Please direct questions to Career Services to either Araceli "Sally" Perez-Ramos, Internship Coordinator or Andrew Harper, Employer Relations Manager.